I bought today.....

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
What age are the Pings aimed at…
The driver is 43”
7 iron is 36.5”

I’d say 11/12/13 depending on height. Ping put shafts a bit longer than he needed at the time to give him some growing room. But he outgrew them in a matter of months.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
A pair of Under Armour HOVR Drive 2 SL Halo Grey/Static Blue/Metallic Silver for summer/autumn and a pair of FootJoy Tour Alpha 2.0 Golf Shoes, Black/White/Silver for the remainder of spring and for winter when it returns!
From Golfonline, as I had vouchers from work.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Pair of 2023 UA hovr spikeless w/proof shoes (end of line bargain)
adidas provisional w/proof jacket, both looking forward to seeing how resistant it is & hoping its not used for a while
few boxes of bamboo castle tees (can't be seen using pink castles!) ;)
Mizuno FW headcover (original perished in the humidity)
3 doz srixon lime soft feel golf balls (end of line again and very cheap)
UA gloves

Can you tell I got a package of stuff from UK yesterday :D

simsini

Visit site
Another bargain courtesy of TK Maxx. A pair of RLX trousers.

I'd recommend anyone look in there. Lots of RLX, Puma and CK gear at silly prices.

Attachments

• 1000032216.jpg
    1000032216.jpg
    786.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 1000032215.jpg
    1000032215.jpg
    936.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
A pair of Under Armour HOVR Drive 2 SL Halo Grey/Static Blue/Metallic Silver for summer/autumn and a pair of FootJoy Tour Alpha 2.0 Golf Shoes, Black/White/Silver for the remainder of spring and for winter when it returns!
From Golfonline, as I had vouchers from work.
Well, the Under Armour shoes are tiny! Ordered my size but in wide fit in both the UA and Footjoys. The latter are perfect, but the former look like 1 size smaller when sat next to them. Box and inner label say wide, so they've sent the right ones.
This is why I hate buying shoes online! 🤬🤬🤬

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well, the Under Armour shoes are tiny! Ordered my size but in wide fit in both the UA and Footjoys. The latter are perfect, but the former look like 1 size smaller when sat next to them. Box and inner label say wide, so they've sent the right ones.
This is why I hate buying shoes online! 🤬🤬🤬

I've found going on EU size (45 for me) was the way forward

I'm a 10 but in ECCO "UK 10" is a 44 I believe and too tight but a UK 10.5-11 is 45 and perfect

Might be same with UA

Albo

Visit site
Yesterday actually, but, I am up on a trip in St Andrews, I have, for a while wanted to try and get hold of some blades to see how my swing would hold up playing with them as I have only ever played with GI irons.
I’ve looked for a while on places like GC4C and a set of bladed irons have always been in the few hundred pounds mark, which for a curiosity and a bit of a lark was always too much.
Roll on yesterday, between rounds, had some time and walked round the shops in St Andrews, ended up in a charity shop looking for blades, get taken through to a back room where they had a very old set of John Letters blades, 2 to 10(?!) irons. I enquired how much to be told £3 per club but they would do me all 9 for £25!
Picked them up and hit a few shots yesterday with them, not too shabby an outcome made back to back pars from the tips on the Eden course on the holes over the water (13&14 maybe).

I know some of the guys here play the older gear, so I guess I’m now one of you @Crow

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Yesterday actually, but, I am up on a trip in St Andrews, I have, for a while wanted to try and get hold of some blades to see how my swing would hold up playing with them as I have only ever played with GI irons.
I’ve looked for a while on places like GC4C and a set of bladed irons have always been in the few hundred pounds mark, which for a curiosity and a bit of a lark was always too much.
Roll on yesterday, between rounds, had some time and walked round the shops in St Andrews, ended up in a charity shop looking for blades, get taken through to a back room where they had a very old set of John Letters blades, 2 to 10(?!) irons. I enquired how much to be told £3 per club but they would do me all 9 for £25!
Picked them up and hit a few shots yesterday with them, not too shabby an outcome made back to back pars from the tips on the Eden course on the holes over the water (13&14 maybe).

I know some of the guys here play the older gear, so I guess I’m now one of you @Crow

Great!
What model are they?

Burnsey

Visit site
A very lightly used set (5-PW) and well priced Paradym irons.

I had this set before getting fitted for my i230's, but now accept I'm not good enough for them. The pro did tell me that, but I did what I did and hope to progress onto them soon.

They've midsize grips, so having them swapped tomorrow and then the issue I have is gapping and mixing specs. Same loft and lie, but 72g graphite (Ping) versus 95g steeL (Callaway). Unsure whether to grab some used wedges, or mix the set, as I'm decent 8 iron upwards with the i230's.

Callaway PW is 42 degrees (yes!), so could use both PW's (Ping is 45), would give me 45P/50P/54P/58P, or new 48 plus 54P/58P, or forget the mix n' match and add the Paradym 47 and another couple of wedges and have two full sets (excluding woods and putter).

Hate this game 🤣

Last edited:

Smoj

Visit site
I fancied a putter grip change, so I went for a GolfPride Pro Only Red cord, I had the un-corded one a while ago and found it a bit too soft and didn't do well with bag wear, by the sounds of it the corded one is a bit firmer and durable