HydroKnit Jacket - Winter

nyckuk

Visit site
Just bought one of the recommended HydroKnit Jackets
Didnt really look into it but was thinking it was more of a winter jacket due to the "knit"
It looks very lightweight and thin , how is it in winter.
ATM ive got a Galvin Green with a mesh lining which does the job on cold winter days , how will this compare

thanks

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I bought one this morning, hopefully I won't have to use it much for a bit but not hopeful. Travelling over to The Open so wanted something lightweight because who knows what weather might come that week.
Buying wet gear in July isn't good!!

Smoj

Visit site
I have the hydrolite version, which is meant to be more of a warmer weather waterproof, it's fine, I wore it the other day when the weather turned a bit windy and overcast, It was comfy but wasnt boiling in it.

I wore it in the rain once and wasnt totally blown away by the waterproofness though. again i don't think its meant to be as premium as a hydroknit jacket though

nyckuk

Visit site
Thanks for the replies

Had to wear it yesterday for a bit , didn’t think think I’ll be using it just yet 🌧️🌧️☔

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
One thing this weekend proved is my waterproofs aren't - all three suits!!!
Means I have to add waterproofs to an expanding want list. Is the hydroknit resiliant enough to deal with the biblical downpours we had at the weekend or is it better to get another FJ waterproof set

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One thing this weekend proved is my waterproofs aren't - all three suits!!!
Means I have to add waterproofs to an expanding want list. Is the hydroknit resiliant enough to deal with the biblical downpours we had at the weekend or is it better to get another FJ waterproof set
If it isn't, my Sunderland jacket has survived the equivalent of Niagra Falls on a couple of occasions this year and I have come away bone dry.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought the Hydroknit stuff was designed to be as lightweight as possible. I have the pullover version which I use for summer showers mostly, because I have a slightly warmer zip up Under Armour jacket for winter. I could happily use the Hydroknit in winter too though, I much prefer 3 or 4 thin layers over a thick one anyway. Baselayer, polo, mid-layer, Hydroknit - that'll keep you plenty warm and dry.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
As with all waterproofs

It will come down to the material and how you look after them

goretex is the main material for waterproofing - it’s key to keep that up by washing and caring the right way

I have a Galvin green paclite - about 8 years old , washed every month ( with the other waterproofs ) - wore it on Saturday and dry as a bone , that’s the same with my other GG and the Hydroknit I have - wash them and then tumble dry

But even then water will still be able to find a way in if it’s hard enough

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
As with all waterproofs

It will come down to the material and how you look after them

goretex is the main material for waterproofing - it’s key to keep that up by washing and caring the right way

I have a Galvin green paclite - about 8 years old , washed every month ( with the other waterproofs ) - wore it on Saturday and dry as a bone , that’s the same with my other GG and the Hydroknit I have - wash them and then tumble dry

But even then water will still be able to find a way in if it’s hard enough
Out of interest, why do you wash them every month? What are you doing in them that requires that frequency of washing?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just part of a routine that I got into when in the military and looking after the Gortex waterproofs
I've got a GG Goretex jacket, bought it 10-15 years ago. I've washed it once, maybe twice in that time. It's clean, it still works perfectly.

Washing monthly sounds excessive, unless you secretly pig wrestle in it. Do you, go on, be honest? :ROFLMAO: