hybrid irons

captgray

Club Champion
Visit site
Can anyone give advice I hit my driver taylor r5 pretty well my fairway woods yonex cyber star 3 & 7 reasonably and my ben saysers m8 24 degree really well best consistent club i use,
I have yonex 220s which i hit haphazardly sometimes ok no real distance. I wondered about changing to a complete hybrid set of irons as i really do hit those well.
Slazenger fast irons or cleveland hibores. Also seen Forgan sets with made to measure. Any ideas please had a few lessons and am improving but wonder if this might make a significant improvement to my game.
In the bag
Taylor R%
Yonex cyberstar 3 & 7
Yonex 220s 4-9 PW SW AW
Ben sayers M8 rescue 24 deg
Ping C67 Putter.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have to agree that any money invested in FAST irons is really money down the tube. Get a series of lessons from your local pro and get the basics sorted. From there get youself something like a full cavity backed club (X20, burner etc) and use those. In the long term it will be better for your game.

captgray

Club Champion
Visit site
Thanks I was looking at cleveland rather than slazengers. I am having lessons guess Im a bit impatient. But just the was I hit the hybrids they seem to really go. The yonex clubs are good set just dont hit them like I do the hybrid.
Thanks
G

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
In the long term the hybrid set will be a limitation. That said, I have a friend off 5 who bought a set, and it doesn't seem to have slowed him down much.

Each to their own, but I figure a bit of time spent at the start will be worth it in the end.

Have a few lessons, and see how it goes.