Hoylake - The course

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
As Phil said. I've also played a few times, have to go back to see what's new!

Teeing of the usual 1st is a bit scary! Especially with folk on the putting green left and OB right šŸ˜‰

First time I play it I duff hooked one onto the putting green, luckily there weren't many people about. :oops:

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Surely a camera can have a decent hood to keep the rain off? Even if it means restricting the field of view. There wasn't any wind to speak of.
As someone who was there there was a breeze at times, and for a good chunk of it the rain was quite fine so was being blown sideways.

To put on perspective my mate had a brolley but was soaked from the chest down

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
As regards the 17th - I just thought it looked weird. It may well be (or not) a good test of golf but to me it just didn't fit in with the style of the rest of the course. Visually it stuck out like a sore thumb. IMO.

sunshine

Visit site
As regards the 17th - I just thought it looked weird. It may well be (or not) a good test of golf but to me it just didn't fit in with the style of the rest of the course. Visually it stuck out like a sore thumb. IMO.
Itā€™s a great looking links hole that doesnā€™t match the style of the other 17 holes.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Surely a camera can have a decent hood to keep the rain off? Even if it means restricting the field of view. There wasn't any wind to speak of.

They did have rain hoods on them - and there was wind - not blowing a gale but it was raining sideways quite often

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Personally I thought the course looked poor on TV. Especially when the weather turned. Links courses on the Open rotation often do.

The rough was disappointingly short and not particularly penal.

Iā€™ve no issues with the internal OB other than they had some thick rough protecting it from balls rolling up and over which saved a few people. The winner being one of them.