Howdidido new web page ?

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Any of ye sign into HDiD lately , went in there this evening and it looking for more info Date of Birth , phone number extra email (if you have one) etc , what for ? i just wana see my own clubs results thanks

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am now using the new pages, I wasn't happy with them wanting the phone number either.

I can see scores from other clubs but they are clubs where I have played a qualifier, still pointless though.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Stats page is broken for me on new version. The chart tab does not work.

They are also repeating lots of my results, so it says I have played 16 times in the past but I only actually played 10 times, as 6 are duplicates. Messes up the averages quite badly.

They are also showing the ladies section of my club and their results which it is not supposed to.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Clearly I'm a lone voice in the wilderness but I think it's a massive improvement on the old one.

It took them far too long to address though, complaints were rife from at least 5 years ago about slowness and the ability to get on the site at all, I'd think there must have been hundreds of clubs move away from them during that period, as we have recently done.

Fellwalker

Hacker
Visit site
Re: Howdidido new web page ? Major Privacy Issues.

I am extremely unhappy with it.

I got an email from my club with a link to a news story about a competition TOMORROW (to the .co.uk site). I follow it and HDID have changed the domain without warning, expecting that I will just submit my login details to an unrecognised web site. WIth all the warngings on the internet about fraud, you would think it wopuld have been better announced, by email through our clubs and that my club would have a correct link.

Then HDID want more personal information from me on an insecure form! They should use HTTPS .

They say
"Now some questions
These are simple questions to complete your user account, some of these details will be used to enhance your account security.
The information we collect will not be passed on to any third party without your permission.
"

But they are wanting me to submit the answers over an insecure connection.

So sneakily their Privacy Policy covers it by saying

"Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk."

But the transmission would be secure if they would use HTTPS with an easily obtained server certificate. I am afraid that they are not "doing their best".

It really is not on.

Oh, and if you read their Privacy Policy, it is basically a "We can do anything we like to monetise your data" policy.

The most annoying thing is that I cannot see announcements from my own club unless I complete this registration. Fake data here we come...

Fellwalker

Hacker
Visit site
Re: Howdidido new web page ? Major Privacy Issues.

I didn't think it could get worse.

The email address in their privacy policy does not exist anymore.

My email to them got bounced!
Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<HDIDPrivacy@club2000.co.uk>:
Remote host said:
550 Unknown user

The method by which you opt out of having your personal data passed on is by NOT ticking boxes in your Profile. THERE ARE NO BOXES IN THE PROFILE PAGES, NOR ANYWHERE I CAN FIND.

Oh, and the alternative is to send an email to the address that bounced...

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Our club have just signed up to HDID. How are those using it finding it a year on from the changes?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
We get our comp scores; golf record and stats through software called HandicapMaster - gives me everything I could ever want to know about my comp golf and results

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Our club have just signed up to HDID. How are those using it finding it a year on from the changes?

Well they didn’t do their research then because in my opinion it’s the worse system out there on every level