How to get a refund for broken club / any suggestions

bryancassady

Visit site
2 flights/ 2 broken clubs

On a recent flight to Agadir TUIflyu broke one of my clubs. On the flight back, they broke one of my wife’s clubs. I said they are responsible for showing reasonable care. Their reply “we are not responsible for anything that happens to your clubs”

Has anyone else had issues with TUIFly. Any suggestions on how to get them to pay for damages

TUI what happened to your clubs.jpg

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
They are responsible for showing reasonable care; you are responsible for ensuring that they are packed appropriately for transit.
In the case of golf clubs that would normally included some sort of hard support, or a lot of padding, for a driver.
I'm sure you weren't just putting the rain cover on a standard golf bag, but I've seen people do it and it's asking for trouble.
So to succeed with your claim against them you should document and illustrate the steps you took - alternatively you claim on your household or more specific insurance.

Then again, you had all this information given to you in response to exactly the same one off post to another golf forum last Thursday...so are you asking, or using the forums to publicise your situation?

Last edited:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would agree with Duncan.

You have to imagine what happens in transit and would you expect the clubs to survive.

eg If you take your usual golf bag with clubs in, would it survive being thrown over the roof of a car and landing on the road the other side?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you paid with your credit card you may be able to exert some pressure on TUI.
But don’t hold your breath.
Golf insurance is a must for air travel.

I take heads off clubs that adjust , and put a old type mop in my bag to take the hit if it’s dropped.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Couple of broom handles longer that the longest club. Wrap towels around the club. Put an inflatable club cover over them. Zip up bag rain hood. Put them inside a decent travel cover. And hope.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Did you use a travel bag/cover? Did you wrap the heads? Did you put in a broom shank longer than your longest club? In other words to you take reasonable steps to avoid damage? If you didn't take the reasonable steps that pretty much every travelling golfer does you are likely to experience disappointments. If you'd done the above you'd get tea and sympathy. If you haven't, you're culpable.