golf club carriage to costa del sol

geoffgolf

Visit site
Having a bad experience with tui, 8 of us due to fly out in may for golf break, the problem , I have been trying for the last 6 weeks to book golf clubs on flights, tried every thing , spent hours on the phone, visiting tui shop, even they couldn't accommodate. "dont worry we will sort it" this was over a week ago, i finally discover today the holds are full and cant get or ,so i,m told .
My question does any body know of an alternative means of getting 8 sets to costa? is it possible to book clubs only on another flight? .

I know its possible to hire as an option ,but we al tend to like out own clubs.

Ant ideas welcome.
Geoff

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Theres several firms who offer to transport your clubs for you, never used one so dont know what they cost or how reliable they are but am sure some on here will have used them

geoffgolf

Visit site
Theres several firms who offer to transport your clubs for you, never used one so dont know what they cost or how reliable they are but am sure some on here will have used them

Thanks funday,
I have looked at a couple of the company's offering this service, looks good on website with reasonable prices, until you actually try book, was quoted £960 with no guarantee of delivery date, and strict size limit.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I suspect the issue with guaranteeing delivery dates is that any items being shipped in and out of Europe are now subject to the whims of customs officials. Whilst they will not be subject to duty or vat they will still need to go through the system, I assume, and may be on vehicles with other items that do need to be checked.

No carrier that we use now, we ship regularly into Europe, will give firm guarantees on delivery dates. Guides, yes, but not firm dates. It just is not within their control anymore.