How quick the course changes

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Our place over the winter has been a real pigsty. Like most courses, the rain has not helped. But the amount of work that has been done levelling some tees. Raising greens. Etc etc. It has been a muddy mess that only Peppa Pig would of enjoyed playing. Last week I played in conditions that were wet, windy and cold. Like a lot of days over the winter, it was not enjoyable. Played Tuesday and although cold and windy it was drying out.

I could not believe how the course looked today. Two days of hot weather and apart from the course drying out and finally getting some run on fairways. It just seems like everything has exploded. Grass, trees the lot. Leaves busting a gut to get out, grass growing like the clappers. The tees that have been levelled look gorgeous. In the space of two days the course has been transformed.
Hows yours coming on.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Now they can get the machinery out without it sinking, it's going to be transformed in no time.
A week and a half ago we were closed...we come off Winter Rules after tomorrow 😱
It's amazing what a week of warmer sunnier weather can do to make Mother Nature.

D

Deleted member 15717

I’ll let you know after Saturday. My course drains really well anyway, but the flip side of it is that when it is dry for long periods, it becomes very firm and very fast. Saturday’s comp will be very interesting

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Still some puddles around but it did rain Tuesday.

This winter all trolleys and buggies have not been allowed within 30 yards of the greens and we are really reaping the rewards of this preventative care. This week is greens renovation week all we now need is some rain to wash the top dressing in LOL.

All we really need is the other 90% of players to take a divot filling bag out with them.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Much improved definition, however the daisies are out in force. Combined with some rough growth had to spend time looking for off line balls.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Still very wet on Wednesday when we played but hoping it's going to be in much better shape when we get on the tee tomorrow. Just hope the dry weather stays for a while!

D

Deleted member 1147

It's amazing to see how the grass is growing so much compared to a week or two ago.

I joked in the pro shop last evening that the greens will be too quick soon, and apparently one of the ladies had said as much that morning, but in all seriousness - golf clubs really can't win at times :rolleyes: