How much?!?!

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
That is just plain and totally ridiculous spending that sort of money on a driver,dont these guys get it YOU CANT BUY A GAME and a good player will hit a £10 driver better than you,when I worked at AG this was a standing joke but we obliged and took their money :rofl:.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a friend who is a club pro and the he says the mark up for pro v balls isn't much at all.
As for the price of this club, yeah it's a big amount for the club, but sometimes £650 isn't a lot of money to some people and if he can afford it and wants to pay it, why not? He could well look at people and say why did you pay 20k for a car? All you do is go a few miles to work then down to,Tesco, you could've bought a car for 10k to do that.

You'd see a big difference between a 20k car and a 10k car, im not entirely convinced there would be much of a difference between an ordinary tour shaft ping would provide and a £350 shaft

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
That is just plain and totally ridiculous spending that sort of money on a driver,dont these guys get it YOU CANT BUY A GAME and a good player will hit a £10 driver better than you,when I worked at AG this was a standing joke but we obliged and took their money :rofl:.
The fellas off 3, define good player? How did your time @ AG pan out? You must have been their top man! :thup:
Do AG sell after market shafts? Or was it the standard customer that you ridiculed?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I was in Japan last week looking at drivers. They had Ryoma drivers on sale for ¥162000, which on current exchange rates works out circa £1180.00 😳😳

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
The fellas off 3, define good player? How did your time @ AG pan out? You must have been their top man! :thup:
Do AG sell after market shafts? Or was it the standard customer that you ridiculed?

Yeah top seller at that branch for the year before I moved on thankyou :thup: and you sound like the sort of fella we would be fighting over to sell you an expensive driver to get all that loverly commission :cheers:

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah top seller at that branch for the year before I moved on thankyou :thup: and you sound like the sort of fella we would be fighting over to sell you an expensive driver to get all that loverly commission :cheers:

not me mate, I'd beat you with a shovel that cost less than £10 ;)

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site

Ridiculous innit, 650 notes for a driver alone, t'is no wonder people shy away from taking the game up...

you don't have to spend £650 on a driver to take up the game, it's not compulsory :confused: sounds like a bit of pretty jealousy to me!

would I do it, probably not, I have kids to feed!! and I agree I don't think it would make much difference, but I don't begrudge those that do

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
you don't have to spend £650 on a driver to take up the game, it's not compulsory :confused: sounds like a bit of pretty jealousy to me!

would I do it, probably not, I have kids to feed!! and I agree I don't think it would make much difference, but I don't begrudge those that do

Jealousy, what brought you to that conclusion ?...

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Golfs best kept secrets;
Titleist 975d £10 mint
Titleist 975j £15 mint
Titleist 905t £25 mint
A 975d even makes it in my bag when the (cheap:D) Nike's being naughty.
BUT of course you wont be like DJ,Speith,Rory,Day etc with cheap gear and that really does bother some people and those people are a delight for the golf retail industry.
;)

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
not picking on you specifically, just the general tone & the ways these threads generally go.
£650, buying a game etc etc :blah:

Mate of mine spent a fortune on a 'Callaway Epic' driver and 3-wood, went through the fitting process, the works, ordered them both, waited the best part of a month for them to arrive and once out on the course he just couldn't get along with'em, couldn't stand the sound of'em, couldn't stand the feel of'em, hated the ball flight, everything, just hated'em from start to finish, within about 3 weeks they ended on eBay for a fraction of the price he paid for them and he's now back to using his old Callaway Great Big Berthas...

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Same for many sports though, I play pool and snooker and you can pay £20 for a cue or over £1000 if you wan't to. Like golf, a nice cue custom made to your specs wont turn you into a better player by itself, you still need to do the practice and have the ability but it does give you confidence that you are using something that you feel comfortable with. All sports are the same it's far more down to the humans ability rather than the equipment they use.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Went out to Manchester at the weekend, it was brill. It is a special treat for us, there was a punch bowl of spirits for six people in one bar £200. Sweet lord mother and Mary. for some people £650 is extracting the Michael. For some it is nothing.
There is a market out there and that is it. Me, would I have one, your dead right if it got me another yard, but it would have to be bought off fleabay.
Just wonder how many lessons you could get for £650 to improve your whole game as against using a club 14 times in a round.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
when I worked at AG this was a standing joke but we obliged and took their money :rofl:.

Don't doubt it and anyone who knows anything knows you can't buy a game

BUT some of those customers who easily afford £650 drivers probably had a laugh at you fighting each other for a few crumbs of commission[/QUOTE]

D

Deleted member 23270

Guys......the issue is NOT about having lots of excess cash to chuck about on nice shiny toys, it is about how the hell one manufacturer can justify £300 for a little lump of metal and how another can justify £350 for 70 grammes of graphite! Seems to me we are just lining the pockets of the highly endorsed tour pros as the Benross's of this world can produce products just as good for a fraction of the price.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
👆👆👆 absolutely.

However, pricing things just out of range for the average Joe just makes them more desirable, same as cars, clothes etc

Value for money? Probably not (unless you make a living out of the game, are an elite amateur, or have more money than sense), but if people will pay it then why not?

The worth will be different for individuals based on their circumstances

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Guys......the issue is NOT about having lots of excess cash to chuck about on nice shiny toys, it is about how the hell one manufacturer can justify £300 for a little lump of metal and how another can justify £350 for 70 grammes of graphite! Seems to me we are just lining the pockets of the highly endorsed tour pros as the Benross's of this world can produce products just as good for a fraction of the price.

You're also paying for the R&D. Benross & the like tend to follow not innovate. Also nothing against benross, but they aren't the same. They operate in a different price sensitive market.