How many times do you keep score.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Generally just the once using the Archos app.

Sometimes I'll mark a card if playing with someone who wants one marking

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Every time I play. Mscorecard for general play and distances during the round and then sometimes entered on Eg app. Paper card for comps that's then entered on howdidido. Using an app does not take any time on the course as I whip it out and check distance as I approach the ball. Easy peasy.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
For me its just once - with pencil on a scorecard. I could do it on the phone instead, but I don't. (I dont see that either method is quicker or slower than the other). But once is enough during the round. If I wanted extra stats about the round, then I can remember enough afterwards to recreate how the score on each hole was made up. Others I'm playing with can do what they like as long as they dont hold up play. Which they may, or may not, do regardless of whether they are keeping just one, or multiple, scores.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For me its just once - with pencil on a scorecard. I could do it on the phone instead, but I don't. (I dont see that either method is quicker or slower than the other). But once is enough during the round. If I wanted extra stats about the round, then I can remember enough afterwards to recreate how the score on each hole was made up. Others I'm playing with can do what they like as long as they dont hold up play. Which they may, or may not, do regardless of whether they are keeping just one, or multiple, scores.

See im almost in this game

Comp is card..bounce is phone ..

However always watch but that's only because yardage for next hole doesn't appear on watch until you put in a score which takes 2 seconds

D

Deleted member 21258

Normally can keep score in my head, which I did in previous years, on rounds I wanted to.

This year due to EG app, being keeping score probably on approx 75% of rounds played.

Not noticed any difference in my approach/scoring to my game etc by going to EG app, when compared to when I dont formally keep score.