How many rounds a year?

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hello all,

good luck to all of you going out today and hope you have a good one. For us poor fools who pay four fifths of a full membership fee in order NOT to be able to play 18 holes at the weekend until early April (grrrrr :mad:) I offer the following distraction of a question:

How many rounds do you play in a year?

Can I qualify this by saying not how many you HOPE to play, nor would LIKE to play but a realistic ball-park figure on how many you think you WILL play. I know this might be difficult to asses so maybe a range e.g. 20 -30, 40-60 etc. while trying to keep this as accurate as possible.

Why do I want to know? partly as i'm compiling my own Magnum Opus assesment to work out if the cost per round figures ive come up with for me and the missus are comparative pie-in- the -sky .

Partly so I have have more wheat for the grist in finding a new club as the details are fiddly, occasionally tedious and heavy( although frankly the fact it's clear, dry and sunny out there and yet i'm here indoors is a country miles worth of triple a grade Wheatabix to be honest)

Partly so that if i can't play myself I can at least derive some vicarious pleasure that the GM hardcore are out there knocking small lumps of balata into the silage instead.

Hope if nothing else some early morning golf related vitriol will amuse and entertain a few out there ,

bill

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Somewhere between 100 - 150 full rounds (try to get at least 1 during the week and 1 at weekends) plus loads of 9 or 12 holes April - October and club friendlies etc. Expensive annual subs but we do have 2 courses to maintain.

Works out cheap golf for me.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I get about 50 rounds in at the moment, but should have a lot of days off in the summer when I can play a few rounds, and hopefully get that handicap down, so probably around 70 or 80 next year if everything goes to plan.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nearly once a week (44-48?) plus twice a week in the spring/summer (12 extra), plus a few 9s now and again. A dozen trips away, probably. 56-60 rounds for £460.

Dave

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
100-120. If i join a club, probably more. I should join a club or it's gonna get expensive.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I hope to play at least once every weekend-approx 50 rounds-between April and October i hope to play once midweek-another 20 rounds.

Add in a few more during the year and could get to 80/85 for the year.

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Must be near 200 play twice a week in winter and four sometimes five times a week in the summer depending on shifts.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
4 - 5 times a week, once the evenings become light enough, plus odd weekends and society days. Once or twice a week as it gets darker and until the weather makes it impossible, and even then I'll try to find a course that's open. Say around 200

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Ive gotta say some of you guys play a helluva lot of golf. I just can't comprehend being able to dedicate so much time to it, certainly not while a tax generating peon.

It's so far removed from my horizons as to be fantasy.

I mean, for example, do you play a variety of courses within that time or stick to your base? if so , you must know every ripple on the turf by name?

It's just never going to be possible for me to play that much but i'm fascinated how that level of commitment has shaped your thinking and attitudes to the game.

Any pearls of wisdom or insight greatly appreciated.

bill

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
billyg, I have three advantages;
1. my course is within 10 mins of my flat and I have to pass it on my way to/from work.
2. I work flexi-hours, so I start early then if the sun's shining it's away at 4 pm, on the course by 4:30 - 4:45 - easy 18 in the summer
3. I'm on my own Monday to Friday, so pretty much please myself.