How many putters?

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not wanting to hijack the post by Bogey.

How many putters do you own? And how many times during the course of the year do you change?

here's my starter for ten
Old blade putter (1st i owned and a wand when i was a teenager) approx 29yrs old
Ping Pal6 B/Copper around 18yrs old
Monza Rossa corsa
Macgregor Bobby Grace
Mizuno Bettinardi CO-6
Rife 2 bar mallet (current flavour of the month)

Have been using the mizzy throughout the winter on slow greens, lost confidence when the greens started firming up so changed.
Also do you have any superstitiions when it comes to putting

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have about 6. Some are hiding away in the shed.

I tend to swap between;

Odyssey Dual Force (1990s model)
Macgregor "The fat lady swings" mallet.
Ping "A" blade....sometimes?!

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Curently use a Odyssey Dual Force 2 Putter purchased earlier this year.

Have three putters in the shed used over the past 12 years of my golfing career. As i only played monthly society golf i never bought an "expensive" putter=all three were "Cheap as chips" but they did the job at the time. Doubt if i will use them again as the Odyssey is a far superior putter.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I went with the intention of buying the Odyssey sabretooth but bought the Rife instead.
odyssey felt good but the Rife felt much much better

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have a Maxfli putter from my first golf set - this was promptley changed to my current lady my Yes! Victoria II.

I went int AG last year and hit EVERY putter in the shop, I even brought my own balls in. After 2 1/2 hours I walked out with the 4th putter I had tried - it felt like a waste of time, but I really loved the putter from the start.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just bought my third putter. Went to over half a dozen places and spent no end of time on the putting greens. Went out intending to buy a Taylormade Spider but could not get on with it. Liked the Ping Karsten range and the Odyssey Marxman but ended up with a Benross Pure Red.

That has now joined my Ping Ugle and Benross SMC in the putter collection.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
I tried 6 different putters, the odyssey, T/made spider, rife (which I bought), scotty, two others with inserts which i can't remember make or model. He gave me two sleeves of pro v1's to putt with as the Top flites felt shi ite. I was in for a good two hours before I plumped for the Rife however early in the "trial" i was erring towards it BUT... I had never heard of them and for some reason and i suppose most people do, I needed convincing not to buy for the "name". Incidentally they "custom" make the lie for you with the Rife and there are adjustable weights to alter for conditions

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just got rid of a lot of my putters

I had a Ping Anser (new steel model)
Ram Zebra
Masters (Ping Anser copy)
Ping Anser (original version)
Odyssey dualforce
Odyssey Marxman mallet
Ben Sayers "Justin"

I managed to trade my Marxman and latest Anser model in and got a new odyseey two ball (blade version - XG2) for free in exchange. 13 putts on the first 9 holes tell a story. In fact I the worst number of putts I've had is 37 (2 three putts and only one single) but the best is 30. Since getting it my putting average is around 33 (down from 37)

I also traded the Ben Sayers, Ram Zebra and the Masters putters in exchange for a new cap. I've decided to keep the Dualforce and Anser

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had boat loads,really dont want to think how many or how much they cost!

Currently got 3 and am trying not to add.

1, Ping Zing Redwood...what a fabulous bit of kit.

2,Scotty Studio Style Newport 2 with a baby t grip

3,Yes! C-Groove out of Goosens bag,one of only a few made as pre production. The difference being mine has a sight line and his dont (which is why I have it)

Having said that currently putting like a blind person,going thru one of my "dyslexic" periods when I cant tell right from left!

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I own two putters, a Ping G5i Craz-e and a Macgregor Bobby Grace which I won in a competition. I only ever use the ping though, I just keep the Macgregor as I can't be bothered to sell it and it could come in handy one day.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
5 putters at last count. Yes Valerie at the moment, Ping Zing getting re-gripped and could be back on the greens before the seasons out. TM Rossa looking as if it’s going to a new home for £35 and I’ve got a couple of old blade type putters somewhere in the house.

I’ve changed once so far this season.

benny

Head Pro
Visit site
I have always been faithful to one putter during each of my golfing stints. 96-98 it was a Howson putter, black with a silver milled face, wide flange at the back with three white scoring lines - like the one Faldo used to have (his was obviously not a Howson). Best present my Dad ever gave me.

2001 season I used a Ping B-60 and can't remember missing with it!

Now I use my long neck Slazenger XTC putter (Anser/ Studio Style Scotty Cameron copy) that I fell in love with in JJB of all places. It has a whole roll of lead tape in the cavity and a beautiful milled face - its very heavy and has smoothed my stroke right out - holes a lot of putts!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I only have one putter because if I dont get on with it I dont want to have to get used to another one. If Anything is not working it is me not the putter.

Like Madandra I am faithful to the number 7