How many hot showers ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can’t comprehend how someone doesn’t have at least one shower a day

When all you have done is sit in front of the TV or computer most of the day, keep the house at temperature to just keep you warm and not hot and you sleep on your own with only the needed covers to keep you warm rather than boiling hot...........

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
No wonder this planet is in such a mess with global warming if you lot are all showering once or twice a day, jump in the shower with your misses ( or other)?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Most houses had a shared outside toilet when I was growing up, with no shower or bath installed. .
1965 was the 1st house we had with a bathroom installed.The shower was just a hose connected onto the bath taps.
An electric shower wasn't put in till around 1970.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
2-3 times a day, especially in summer. Had friends staying for 10 days recently, 4 people at least 6 showers a day no problem. Water is solar power heated. There is an immersion that, probably, gets switched on a couple of hours a day for less than 10 days a year.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
A guy and his wife who lived a few doors down from me, told me that in 5 years, they had not had a single shower in their house. They went and used the Gym shower every day!! Why not i suppose! I bet their gas and water bill was low and offset the gym membership costs!

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
A guy and his wife who lived a few doors down from me, told me that in 5 years, they had not had a single shower in their house. They went and used the Gym shower every day!! Why not i suppose! I bet their gas and water bill was low and offset the gym membership costs!

How much did they spend on fuel getting to the gym every day I wonder?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Water costs me £55 a month for the 5 us ATM and gas when it's just cooking , dishwasher, washing machine and then showers / baths is £30 now (was £11 before this crazyness)

That's 1 bath for the kids a day (shared) and a shower for each me and the Mrs

Casually avoiding the heating as much as possible lol

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I tried to have just one shower yesterday. Had that before getting dressed in the morning.
Before going to bed I washed down as far as possible and then washed up as far as possible.
Then I gave possible a good wash as well.

(I know, its an old one, but a classic all the same)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Before I had my own flat I played football or golf every day and would use shower facilities at club or changing rooms. Changed days from when I were a lad. Friday evening was bath evening - for my folks, my brother and my sister. Sharing bathwater most times. Though must admit to finding mums bath oils a bit too fragrant for my liking.