How many golf shops in one day....!!!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I`m currently in Japan visiting the inlaws, and had a bit of time to kill after lunch today so decided to visit a couple of golf shops. I`m on the verge of buying a new Scotty Cameron putter (when I get back), so have been traipsing to and from a couple of shops to try them out. Have narrowed it down to 2 (fastback, or most likely squareback), both are very nice and feel great when I`m trying them, but it`s a lot of bloody money to spend, so want to make sure I`m happy before parting with my hard earned. Hence the continual visits.

Anyways, set off this afternoon about 1pm and have just gotten home at 8pm after visiting 6 different golf shop/ megastores....... Can anyone beat that?

Could have done a 7th , but saving that for tomorrow morning :) The sad thing is, I haven`t bored myself yet!

As you may know, the Japanese are golf crazy, hence the plethora of shops and absolutely masses of gear available. They have loads of interesting bits and bobs, not to mention a vast amount of clothing that we don`t see, the only downside is that the yen is so strong against the pound at the moment, I`m really having to reign myself in and be strong against the urge to buy.

One golf shirt is the same as another I hear you say, and that`s probably true enough, but what can I say, I`m a bloke and I like new things........

They have some fantastic tour bags available (Mono!), but they don`t seem to make any trolley/ cart bags at all, which is rather a shame, but probably good for my credit card.

Anyways, only 3 days left, the sales are still on, only enough time for one more store tomorrow, maybe one on Friday :D before heading back to good old blighty.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Not yet Bob, was looking as they have a lot of strange training gadgets.

What`s wrong with the squareback and fastback EaseNgrace? I was looking at the Newport Select 1 as I preferred the original Anser style, was set to go for it until I tried the squareback out of curiosity. I was smitten, it`s a lovely putter, great feel and works well for me, much better than the other one. I prefer te heavier weight.

They do have the California range, but even back home, that`s way more than I want to spend.

EaseNgrace

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
What`s wrong with the squareback and fastback EaseNgrace?

Nothing wrong with them (must admit I haven't tried the squareback) but I just thought if I was in the market for a new Scotty I would have to try the new range before making a purchase. How much are the SB and FB over there?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
The Squareback is 175 back home, closer to 300 here. The new California range is 250 ish back home, I`m too scared to look here.

They go in for expensive handmade putters here, all the shops carry TP Mills and another guy who`s name escapes me tonight. Both are carbon copies of Scotty Cameron, or vice versa.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
This time last year it was very favourable, about 200 yen to the pound. this year it`s 130 to the pound, so everything seems nearly double the price it was. Things that cost a fiver last trip are closer to a tenner now, i.e. 1 pair of socks, golf shirts are 9000 yen, close to 70 quid........ it`s not good at the mo`.

TWM

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I visited one golf shop yesterday. Came away with a Cobra S9-1 driver which got its first outing this morning.
Happy bunny.