How many clubs

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
12 usually.
driver, 3wood, 7wood, 3hybrid, 6 iron - pitching wedge, gapwedge, sandwedge, putter

I have a 4 hybrid which I used to have in as well, but it's swing weight differs from the rest of my clubs and I find that pretty off-putting, so I ditched it for the moment. My 7 wood and my 3 hybrid both go more or less the same distance, but I prefer the 7 wood off the tee on one of our par 3s (which is pretty much the only reason I keep it in the bag). I might get the 5 iron for my set as a replacement for the no-longer favourable 4-hybrid. I was relcutant to get it when I bought the set, because it only has 22° of loft and I wasn't sure I could get it into the air, but since y ball flight with the 6 iron is still ridiculously high (even though that has 25° of loft or so), I am pretty certain I could get it to work and it would fill the gap between my 6 iron and the longer hybrid nicely.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
That is what my coach says and during lessons etc I manage to add more and get the wedge out to 120-however it always ends up being more ‘comfortable’ at 110 (I think I play the ball too far forward in my stance and add loft - essentially hitting almost a bunker shot with my wedges) it’s a swing fault, but reasonably consistent so not really gone all out to change it -prob this winters goal-not wanted to tinker too much whilst h/c has been dropping, down from 12 to 9 this season. Good spot though and correct!

Interesting replies. Seems that most go 4 wedges as well which is interesting
Ive never advocated 4 wedges myself most i've had is 3 PW, 52/9 and 58/14, prefer the extra club at the top of the bag, 3 wood, 18 deg hybrid and 3 iron.

Hickory's though only use 5 clubs, quite liberating using what gets you there with distance not really and issue as some holes you can't get home in 2 regardless.