how long ?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I depends on the club. If they are not currently running any comps, it will be when the Handicap sec gets round to it. other wise it will go up on the board with the list of other members handicaps i would imagine.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
As above, it depends. Some clubs review weekly, others at the end of the month.
Ours used to be monthly but since handicaps can go up .1 weekly now, it is done weekly and a new printout posted in the locker rooms.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Got mine in 3 days... you probably won't get an actual certificate unless you go ask the club secretary for one.

Now you have put in 3 cards you need to remember... you're basically just a number now! :D

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Our golfnet system from the GUI allows us to print a cert at any time, might be worth finding out from your union if you can do the same?

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
once your handicap is registered you should get your EGU number; this is for life. I haven't tried it but you may be able to get a print out from their site.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Registering with the EGU and HowdidIdo (if your club are on HDID) will enable you (as Steve points out above) to get a lifetime ID number which is linked to your current club handicap.
Punching this in to HDID will enable you to print off a handicap certificate once it is active.
If you plan to play in any open competitions, your lifetime ID may well be asked for on the entry sheet

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Registering with the EGU and HowdidIdo (if your club are on HDID) will enable you (as Steve points out above) to get a lifetime ID number which is linked to your current club handicap.
Punching this in to HDID will enable you to print off a handicap certificate once it is active.
If you plan to play in any open competitions, your lifetime ID may well be asked for on the entry sheet

Just checked and my club isn't on HDID...Would I need to speak to the club to get this rectified?

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
HDID is an option that is available to clubs so it is up to them whether they register or not (and on how much it will cost and how much work is involved).

HRC99

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
well i got my handicap today. when i went to register on howdidido i can't find my self any help lads thanks

I'd be patient. It will go onto HDID when the club uploads the next set of data to it. Certainly after the next comp, if not before.