How long has the car stood still?

Wolf

Visit site
Mine hasn't moved since lock down begun, need go get some essentials tomorrow from village shop which is a mere 15 walk max but may take care just to get it moving

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Never bother with the clock, car is 13 yrs old and was really basic spec I could get as it’s all about the power to weight ratio.
It has been in the garage and brought out for a 10 minute idle like the wife’s fiesta ecobeast.. we are totally disconnecting.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Three weeks hasn’t moved.
I can walk the shops and do online delivery.
This could mean no more shopping for me as the wife has learned the joys of online shopping.
So no more three hour shopping trips while she meets someone she knows in every isle.
Every cloud !

oxymoron

Club Champion
Visit site
The wife's has not moved in 3 weeks ,,, a few years ago her car only clocked up 12 miles between tests and 2 of those were going to the test station :oops:
I persuaded her she did not need a car and all was well until she retired then needed transport to get out and about , so just checked this ones mileage
and its embarrassing to be honest , in one year 167 miles between tests . Time to look again at this, i think it would be cheaper to get taxi's when she needs
to get out.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I am not commuting by car so usually I drive twice a week to the range (25 minutes each way) and once or twice to the club(15 minutes each way). I shop on the way back.

Now I drive once a week to Tesco at 10 minutes each way.

Before I played golf I had spells where the only way the car started again was a battery booster which was staying next to my car keys as I always needed it. I have 25000 mikes on a 13 year old car.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The wife's has not moved in 3 weeks ,,, a few years ago her car only clocked up 12 miles between tests and 2 of those were going to the test station :oops:
I persuaded her she did not need a car and all was well until she retired then needed transport to get out and about , so just checked this ones mileage
and its embarrassing to be honest , in one year 167 miles between tests . Time to look again at this, i think it would be cheaper to get taxi's when she needs
to get out.
My wife has a 2011 Yaris with 17000 miles only for work .

Wolf

Visit site
Turns out my estimate of taking the car out tomorrow was wrong, ended up going to shop an hour ago for essential bits we finally ran out of so took the car just to give the breaks a bit of use and could hear straight away the creaking from them.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
March 22nd was the last time mine moved any further than about 2 yards. It got moved down the drive a little when I cleaned it.

Want to drive it, but there is nowhere to go!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
to get out.
Mines gone the opposite she has told me that once she retires next year she never wants to drive again.
I asked her how she’s going to get about “ good job I ducked in time”

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Mine stood still while the Mrs takes one of them to her clinic

Question to the group
1) Can i take a holiday on the PCP payment?
2) Do i need to SORN it if I take a holiday?

We can do with one car off at the moment.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mine stood still while the Mrs takes one of them to her clinic

Question to the group
1) Can i take a holiday on the PCP payment?
2) Do i need to SORN it if I take a holiday?

We can do with one car off at the moment.
1) ask your provider, but I dont see it.
2) Sorn means untaxed and OFF the road. It still needs to be insured though.

Spuddy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Why does it need to be insured?
Because someone might steal it?

I got a payment holiday this week from Jaguar for a PCP (they had an e-form to fill on their website-really easy). Interest is added to the total and needs paying at the end but I guess it’ll just be a few hundred quid more owed to the finance when I trade it in

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last edited:

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am more concerned about the sun damaging the paint, and the interior. It's ok next two days, but then warms up again. I am considering car covers. Yes, they get sunny when driven, but the effects are worst when the car is in the same spot every day