How long before 4bbb handicap adjustment is applied?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Just curious regarding this, as I played a 4bbb competition on Saturday and my contribution ticks all the boxes for a handicap adjustment - we scored 43 points, I came in on 13 holes, and my own score using the application of the criteria as I understand it would have been 39 points. Yet no entry on EG.

Any pointers?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just curious regarding this, as I played a 4bbb competition on Saturday and my contribution ticks all the boxes for a handicap adjustment - we scored 43 points, I came in on 13 holes, and my own score using the application of the criteria as I understand it would have been 39 points. Yet no entry on EG.

Any pointers?
Was it set up as a qualifier on the computer? Seems like a lot aren't being set up correctly and scores are not being collected

Billysboots

Visit site
Was it set up as a qualifier on the computer? Seems like a lot aren't being set up correctly and scores are not being collected

Knowing our place, I suspect not! I’ve messaged our HC secretary because I’m not alone - there were ten scores of 42+ in on Saturday so there will be others due an adjustment.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Which ISV do you use?
We use Intelligent Golf, there are problems.
Our 4BBB competition from 10 days ago hasn’t fed through, it was set up as acceptable. IG have acknowledged the issue, but it is irritating that this is occurring months after the change in handicapping rules.

Billysboots

Visit site
Which ISV do you use?
We use Intelligent Golf, there are problems.
Our 4BBB competition from 10 days ago hasn’t fed through, it was set up as acceptable. IG have acknowledged the issue, but it is irritating that this is occurring months after the change in handicapping rules.

We’re on IG. Now you mention it, I do recall that there have been issues with 4BBB scores being captured. Thanks.

wjemather

Visit site
We've had no issues with 4BBB scores been submitted using IG but I know there have been a few ongoing issues with some clubs, mostly with comps that were created prior to April 1st.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We had a 4BBB comp on Saturday, after seeing the leader scores I checked with the recorder and it was set up as non qualifying. (also on IG )

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
We had a 4BBB comp on Saturday, after seeing the leader scores I checked with the recorder and it was set up as non qualifying. (also on IG )
Is it optional, i.e at the clubs discretion, or should all 4BBB competitions be set up as acceptable for handicapping?

Billysboots

Visit site
Our HC secretary read my message hours ago but hasn’t replied. Likewise our comp secretary - I asked him simply whether the competition was set as a qualifier, so only really wanted a yes or no answer. He read my message hours ago and also hasn’t replied.

🙄

PaulMdj

Visit site

Any pointers?
I asked the same thing a few weeks back, https://forums.golfmonthly.com/threads/changes-to-handicap-from-4bbb-comp.117011/

Secretary, Comps committee etc assured us all was set up correctly, took up to 10 days to update all relevant handicaps from the comp, (4 scores met the criteria) weirdly, 1 of the handicaps was updated in 48hrs.

Club has no idea why and have apparently asked IG if they can explain.🤷‍♂️

Billysboots

Visit site
I asked the same thing a few weeks back, https://forums.golfmonthly.com/threads/changes-to-handicap-from-4bbb-comp.117011/

Secretary, Comps committee etc assured us all was set up correctly, took up to 10 days to update all relevant handicaps from the comp, (4 scores met the criteria) weirdly, 1 of the handicaps was updated in 48hrs.

Club has no idea why and have apparently asked IG if they can explain.🤷‍♂️
Thanks, Paul. I knew I’d seen something somewhere. Thought it was elsewhere.

I know in another recent 4BBB comp two of my regular PP’s were cut, so our committee have set comps correctly in the past.

We’ll see what happens overnight, because I know my contribution to our card meets all the criteria and I should be expecting a quite significant reduction. It’s frustrating that we’re still having to highlight these issues.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Thanks, Paul. I knew I’d seen something somewhere. Thought it was elsewhere.

I know in another recent 4BBB comp two of my regular PP’s were cut, so our committee have set comps correctly in the past.

We’ll see what happens overnight, because I know my contribution to our card meets all the criteria and I should be expecting a quite significant reduction. It’s frustrating that we’re still having to highlight these issues.
What frustrated the Club is that a pair won 2 comps in a row and a match in a Club knockout without any handicap reduction as nothing had come through.

Billysboots

Visit site
What frustrated the Club is that a pair won 2 comps in a row and a match in a Club knockout without any handicap reduction as nothing had come through.

Which is precisely what allowing 4BBB events to be used for handicap purposes is supposed to prevent.

I’m in an Open on Wednesday so really need it sorting.

Billysboots

Visit site
Still nothing on EG. The comp was correctly set up and closed, but none of the qualifying scores have appeared on the respective players’ records.

It’s either an issue with IG or EG. Leaving it with the club to resolve it, so watch this space.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Still nothing on EG. The comp was correctly set up and closed, but none of the qualifying scores have appeared on the respective players’ records.

It’s either an issue with IG or EG. Leaving it with the club to resolve it, so watch this space.
Same here, 11 days now. It’s definitely IG. We have problems with multi round results display as well.
Disappointing, as I have been a big IG fan for many, many years (25+) but recently there seem to be more problems and they are slower to fix. Recent emphasis appears to be on pay options / updates, partner links and cyber security, with the core business of practical golf day to day running falling behind.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Same here, 11 days now. It’s definitely IG. We have problems with multi round results display as well.
Disappointing, as I have been a big IG fan for many, many years (25+) but recently there seem to be more problems and they are slower to fix. Recent emphasis appears to be on pay options / updates, partner links and cyber security, with the core business of practical golf day to day running falling behind.
Aren't IG now part of the same group that V1/HDID have been absorbed by?