Votes: 26 22.8%

Votes: 17 14.9%

Votes: 3 2.6%

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Always been the best club in the bag. Hit it dead straight but distance is down now due to injury and age 220yrd carry roll out depends on the course. So guess 7.5

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I put 5 out of 10. According to my stats I'm hitting 45% of fairways this season. Actually better than I thought. I have hit 58% of fairways for the last couple of rounds so there is a good driver in there. I just keep it well hidden and don't do it often enough

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Well I was gonna give myself a 7 or 8 but since buying the new driver it more like a 2 or 3 so I'll have to go with a 2 !...:angry:

Thexindi

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Two polls, this one on driving, the other will be on putting, based on the drive for show, putt for dough saying.

How do you rate your driving out of 10, 1 being awful, 10 being brilliant.

For myself, while I can hit the ball a reasonable distance, I'm poor at keeping it on the fairway, therefore I'd rate myself as a 6.

At the moment its a 7 since I bought my Ping G30 SF Ive been having some good driving rounds,

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If this and the putting thread/vote were started at the same time why has three times as many people voted on putting. Is that people's priorities and the reason why people's putting Is rated higher than people's driving?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Relative to everyone who plays golf I'm 9
Relative to my peer group by age etc I'm 9
Relative to well documented forum capabilities or tour professionals I'm 0

Scazza

Head Pro
Visit site
For a 7 handicapper 'Driving' is the worst part of my game. Recently managed to hit a high fade with some consistency, but before that I was duck hooking. Had a lesson which has helped me to start playing this high fade which sometimes can become an excessive slice if I go 'full ret*rd' at times!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Can't believe nobody's said "I'm an excellent driver"

Gave myself 8. It's the only part of my game I'd say was 'good', though I'm not long. Everything else could be improved quite a lot.

I'm this - based what others say about my length and consistency. If I could get my second shots any where near my driving I'd be mid-single figures easy. But I can't :(

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Usually a relative strongpoint at maybe 7 or 8 (average 65% of fairways hit) not long but well in play - recently been very poor with the driver though so more like a 3. That's amateur golf though and all part of it no matter how much is drives me nuts...

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Utter, utter, utter and one more utter bobbins! Was pretty good at it once but now its a different thing :( Had a lesson form rick at the golf show in Manchester to help me out but its just messed my mind up and made me go even further backwards !

I need help and quick lol

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Interesting thread but what do people actually think a 3, 5 or 7 etc rating looks like in real terms

With a scale of 10 I'd expect say a 7 rating (most popular answer) to be someone who hits 85% FIR and 250 yrd average distance, is this fair?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Fir is another bogus stat

Example first hole at Lee park. Ideal shot requires a draw round the corner. I can push a drive right and find the fairway and leave myself a 6 iron or I can slightly over draw it,miss the fairway and leave a pw.

I know which one I'd rather have.