• Nike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
try to hit a few balls with my 53º wedge, 8 iron and then driver. head up to one of our practice putting greens then head up to tee off proper. If i can be bothered, i'll even head out for a quick round of the wee par 3 course first as it doesn't take long - and yes it is out of bounds from the main course.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
If there's nowhere to warm up I'll just have a ciggy instead and pray!! :D

Thats the spirit!! :D

Yeh I follow your strategy of not wanting to know which clubs I'm not getting on with. If I hit 5-wood as a warm up then I'm pretty good to go with any club off the first tee.

I used to spend too much time hitting wedges and stuff only to be faced with driver/3-wood or long iron off the first and not feel comfy. 5-wood pretty much covers all the bases and I hardly ever feel let down with it whilst warming up.

Nothing worse than thinning a few 4-irons/3-irons in warm-up and totally shattering your confidence. :p

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have a couple of practice nets by the first tee so spend a few minutes warming up the swing then anything else depends on the queue. If there is a bit of a wait then I spend time on the chipping and putting greens, if not then it is a quick ciggy, a slug of Powerade for a bit of sporting energy then off I go.

Mike_j_golf

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi,
Just on this topic dose it effect your round if you warm up or not it seems to have no effect on my game what so ever can play great if i have no warm up or putts, i think that it may be that u have no bad thoughts in your head if u have hit some bad shots on the range I think it can have a negative effect on your game.
Mike

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sit in bar until 10 minutes before tee time, putt for 5 minutes, meet playing partners then slice / hook one out of bounds on the first.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Thats the way to do it HTL, no point playing well til the 16th or whatever with hopes of a cut only to hook one, get it out of the way early! :D

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am sorry to say that i normaly am running to the first tee late :S (joys of tee-ing off at 9am on sat's and sunday morning)

thats more than likey one of the reasons i cant get under 20 handicap.

As if i have a bad start its hard for me to bring it round again. even if i start with 3 bad holes.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Practicing chipping tends to depress me, so, as there are no nets near the 1st tee, practice tends to be putting, which may be 10 mins or just a few balls if I'm getting line and length well.
Then its into a quick couple of swipes with the driver to get the joints settled into their right places.

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Normally I plan to go the range for a warm up before my round but usually end up hitting a few half hearted putts with a coffee and a fag.

First comp Saturday so I might take a few tips from here!

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think warming up\not warming up is a very individual thing and it seems as much mental for some as it is physical.

I think overtime we all get to know what works for us.

I know for me if I'm running late, rush from the car, grab my card, grab a ball, tees, glove etc etc, then run to the first tee, I'm neither in the right frame of mind of loose enough to play halfway decent.

We have 3 tough starting holes so it can easily destroy your round before you've even got going.

Robokolo

Club Champion
Visit site
Get to the golf club, let the organiser know that i am playing,had in money find out playing partners etc

Practice green putting about 10- 15 minutes
chipping and pitching about 10 minutes

Usually i go on the range the night before (or today as i am playing tomarrow) but ocassionaly i will swing a couple of clubs on the practice ground.

I streach for about 2 minutes on the first tee. Dont konw how mono steaches fo 25 minutes my arms would fall off lol.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
I used to just have 5 minutes on the chipping and putting green, do a few stretches, then on to the first tee.

We have a par 3 (130 yards) practice hole at the back of our 18th. Now I try to get to the club early, take my PW and 56 to the practice hole and hit a tube of balls. All the balls that land short or in the bunker get chipped on. Then I go and spend 10 minutes on the chipping and putting green.

I'm not to sure this is the right way to go. At my previous club, I used to arrive on the first tee without any practice and the first drive was normally the first ball I'd hit all week. Since this practice routine before teeing off at my present club my handicap seems to be going the wrong way. :mad:

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
For a comp i'll get there in time to sign in and have a chat with other players before heading to the range. Stretches and club swinging for a while before hitting maybe 30 wedges to get a good feel for distance. Then probably 10 shots with a 6 iron and same with the 4 iron before again maybe 10 or so with the 3-wood. By the time i've collected them i'll be ready to hit the first tee where theres a small chipping green where i'll just while away the last few mins before teeing off. I very very rarely ever go to the putting green before a round. Just dont ever feel the need tbh

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll get to the club about an hour / hour and a half before my tee time and head straight to the range. Here my usual routine of loosening up by swinging with two clubs, general stretching and different sorts of actions with varying clubs begins, before I start hitting balls. I usually hit 30 balls with my wedges as a start, get another 30 balls and take them to the short game area to do some chipping / pitching and then return to the range to hit these 30 balls with random clubs that gradually get longer. After I've reached my driver i usually hit something like an 8 iron for my last ball to make sure it's a good one! (I hate having to go out having just skulled one down the range because of rushing or something silly) I will then head to pay my entry fee and collect my card, before spending the last 10 minutes or so putting / taking occasional swings off of the green to keep the movement going (I hate seeing people hit 100 balls on the range before hand, and then go and putt for 30 minutes before their tee time without making another swing- to me it defeats the object of a 'warm up' as you will surely loose the feeling generated on the range, in that time?!)

adamk15

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I usually turn up about 1/2 or 3/4 of an hour early.

Make sure my tee off time is what I thought it was and then head out to the range. Hit bout 5 balls with a mid iron, 5 with a wood of the deck and then 5/10 with the driver.

Then I go get my card and everything before putting. I usually start with short putts, build up to long ones then come back down to short ones. I NEVER leave the green untill I make 5 x 5 footers.

Works, most of the time...

tonecapone

Assistant Pro
www.pdgc.co.uk
A lot of serious golfers on here 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour before tee off.Full English,Tea & Toast in the car 5 min drive clubs out of locker,shoes on collect card to the first tee.Tee up ball a couple of swings hit the ball.as Smiffy said Simples if i wasted 3/4 of an hour practicing i will still have average round Full English for me wins everytime NO PROBLEM :rolleyes: ;) ;)