How do you keep yourself going between rounds?

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
At the moment i'm having a real hard time getting a round in over the week. Having just got going with golf again i feel like now is the time i should be playing as much as possible. I'm really starting to play well again and have been managing at least 2 rounds a week over the last few months.

BUT for the forseeable i'm struggling to play more than once a week due to changed work commitments. I manage to practice my putting every night, but how do i keep the swing going without being able to hit a ball? I know this is the 64 thousand dollar question.

Are there any drills etc i could be doing in the garden other than just having a swing?

Any decent gadgets i could be using?

Thanks in advance

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I swing at work, when no one is looking! I go through the motions, practice my pre shot routine, stance and aim.

It works pretty well :D

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I have a club in my office and I can do a full swing without breaking anything, maybe 25 of those a day, more if I'm making a swing change!

Chris

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
very good question, I have barely hit the range lately, played plenty but still pants off the tee. I am booking a lesson and afterwards if I can't get to the range/course then I am going to try and do the swing/drills in the garden.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Get something to help with your putting as you can do that anywhere. Of course the obvious answer is rather than rushing to play a round after work or not being able to do so because of work why not hit the range. Only hit one bucket but treat every shot properly and focus on your set up etc as you would for a real shot. Try playing an imaginary round and so use whatever club you would off your 1st and then if you hit a good one use whatever you'd hit into the green with. If you hit a bad one, hit a recovery type shot. Keeps it interesting and makes you think and use all the clubs

goldenbare

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The usual way is to read magazine articles, watch videos, try things down the range which make you hit the ball wonderfully, build up tons of optimism and expectation as to how you will play and..........you know the rest :)