How do you get your mojo back?

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
So in the end I took 10 days away from golf, cancelled the medal I was due to play in and went to the course last night for a few holes.

I went with no intentions of swing thoughts, no warm up, run on to the tee, just to swing the club and see what happens. In the end it seems to have worked and got me out of my series of bad play. +5 for 12 holes which all came down to my putting being shaky and having no feel around the green.

Ultimately I am very happy with that as I wasted 3 or 4 shots purely by three putting where I wouldn't in normal situations, I even nearly eagled our hardest par 5 with a great bunker shot.

All in all, if your mojo abandons you, take a few days to forget it, then come back fighting fit!!!

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
:thup:

It's never too far away, when all seems to have abandoned us I think we've just managed to get in our own way more often than not. Good to hear you're back

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Last year I came out of winter with a massive dose of the shanks. 80 in a row at the range at its worst.

This year I seem to have lost the ability to control the low point of my swing.

Currently working on it.

It isn't that hard for someone in single figures to clip and drive and scab and iron towards the green, chip and two putt. It leads to a very long day and very few greens in reg and no birdies.

The scores might not be diabolical but the standard of play becomes very poor.

It only takes a little change in the swing to move to poor striking. It is locating and fixing this fault that can seem difficult and some way off.

Confidence takes a battering too.

Long summer head. Work to be done. Chin up. I have to listen to my own words.

No one ever got better sitting on the sofa. Get out and practice.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Suddenly with some warm sun on my back I'm enthused again and off to work on all things linear short game tonight and booked tomorrow off to spend the day playing and working on my game before a weekend of playing. Good bad or indifferent golf is definitely more fun without layer upon layer to restrict the swing and with the sun beating down on lush grass. Just need to get another working day done now

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Stick with it gents.

Being honest just forgetting all swing thoughts really seemed to help me out. Try not to work on anything and just swing it for fun!