How do/did you celebrate a hole in one.

D

Deleted member 1147

I think I just stood there with a look of bemusement and confusion on my face. :eek:
I really never thought I'd ever get one!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Hit a lovely 4 iron into a stiff breeze, and watched it all the way into the hole. I leapt around like someone had washed me bits in sulphuric acid and a wire brush!

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Of course really. Not going to lie, I cannot afford a 200 quid round. I'd be on bread and water rations til the next payday.

Most clubs limit the round to a bottle of spirit and at my club they put a bottle of the same up too (usually whisky). I did however get one of my holes in one on the captains charity day, the men mostly had scotch but it cost me a good few quid on G&T's tho'

Kaizer_Soze

Head Pro
Visit site
Most clubs limit the round to a bottle of spirit and at my club they put a bottle of the same up too (usually whisky). I did however get one of my holes in one on the captains charity day, the men mostly had scotch but it cost me a good few quid on G&T's tho'

Were a litre bottle at my club, never had to buy one yet but ever hopeful that every round I play will be 'the time'

Done almost everything but drop in for me, horseshoed, hanging over the edge, slam dunk bounce out :angry:

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Were a litre bottle at my club, never had to buy one yet but ever hopeful that every round I play will be 'the time'

Done almost everything but drop in for me, horseshoed, hanging over the edge, slam dunk bounce out :angry:

I have two par 3's at my club that I am still to ace, one is our signature hole at 190-200 yds, I have hit the flag twice this year and finished about a foot away, I am beginning to think I will never get one on that hole

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mate, what the hell - I'd rather never get a hole in one than pay £200 for the privilege! Forget that.

With you on that. IMO sharing a nice bottle is the acceptable limit. Shame on people for trying to claim of others. Unless offered and I knew the person then I would turn down.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
First one I was playing with a mate and her husband.
After the squealing subsided, the husband insisted on giving me a celebratory piggy back ride down the the thankfully close green.
I don't think he realised how much more than his 8 stone wife I weigh!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A quick fist pump and a loud "Yeh" for me.

As it was in a club comp the club pays for the booze.

If you get one outside of a comp you just put one or two bottles on the bar from the club stock which you just have to replace so it is only about £20.