How did I do - is it just me

D

Deleted member 16999

Lets say I'm going through a tricky period with the wife and I'm seeking personal consolation elsewhere. I tell her I'm off to play golf for a few hours but nip round to see the mistress instead.

It therefore is not in my interest for her to have the ability to go online and see when I didn't play golf when I said I was going to!!!

Ignoring the wrights and wrongs of having an affair in this hypothetical situation, there are therefore plenty of reasons why a person might not want his golfing activities laid bare for all to see in the public domain.
Worst reason ever not to have results made public.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lets say I'm going through a tricky period with the wife and I'm seeking personal consolation elsewhere. I tell her I'm off to play golf for a few hours but nip round to see the mistress instead.

It therefore is not in my interest for her to have the ability to go online and see when I didn't play golf when I said I was going to!!!

Ignoring the wrights and wrongs of having an affair in this hypothetical situation, there are therefore plenty of reasons why a person might not want his golfing activities laid bare for all to see in the public domain.

If if you were remotely clever in this example, you’d sign into the comp and just NR

worth noting you need to be signed up to HDID before you can view stuff and I think that includes being a member of a club on there

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
If if you were remotely clever in this example, you’d sign into the comp and just NR

worth noting you need to be signed up to HDID before you can view stuff and I think that includes being a member of a club on there

But other online systems like Masterscoreboard (front end of Handicapmaster) you don't have to sign up.... you can view the results of any club that has not password protected their results.

I don't know what "sign in to the comp" means at your club, but at my place it would mean turning up to the club, paying your entry fee and then just leaving the club? You ain't going to be very popular with your fellow club members if you do that on a regular basis.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Worst reason ever not to have results made public.

I didn't say it was a good reason.... but it is a scenario that I actually heard about occurring at another club and the players implied lack of presence at the club was visible to his partner, and was used in evidence in court proceedings against him.

D

Deleted member 16999

I didn't say it was a good reason.... but it is a scenario that I actually heard about occurring at another club and the players implied lack of presence at the club was visible to his partner, and was used in evidence in court proceedings against him.
Certainly agree it should be down to each Club and their members whether they want their results made public or not, but to suggest some would want them kept private to enable them to cheat on their partner is beyond the pale!

macca64

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
This site does my head in, when it works it's good, now it won't let me in to book a comp and doesn't recognise my email so can't even change my password !!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Still not having any problems. The biggest frustration is the club not putting the comps up yet to book into. Is there any central point of contact you can register the issues with or is it down to reporting it to the club to report on to HDID?