How did I do - is it just me

D

Deleted member 15344

Most clubs hide the results etc to none members.

Why do “non members” need to see the results of clubs they are not a member off ?

IG publishes results to the competitions to the people that enter the Comp and also the members of that club - no one else needs to know

Open comps are published on the public website.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Most clubs hide the results etc to none members.
I’m in agreement, comp results should be visible for all.

Saying it dont need to see results is a very narrow minded view. You don’t see Sunday league teams only publishing their results amongst the other teams in their league

if HDID has any benefits over IG it’s that you can view other clubs results.

HDID also shows your scores from other clubs now which is a benefit

D

Deleted member 15344

The question is always

Why do you need to see what other people get at a club that you are not a member off ?

What is the benefit to anyone not at that club to see what Mr Smith did at the local medal

I’m fully in favour of the results only being available to the members of the club - they are the only people that actually need to see them - no one else does

Unless you can think of a “valid” reason

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
The question is always

Why do you need to see what other people get at a club that you are not a member off ?

What is the benefit to anyone not at that club to see what Mr Smith did at the local medal

I’m fully in favour of the results only being available to the members of the club - they are the only people that actually need to see them - no one else does

Unless you can think of a “valid” reason

Transparency, what's to hide :whistle: I can see how my friends are fairing from the clubs I've been members at, including those in NZ and also bragging rights over my two brothers . Also can see how my County colleagues are fairing too. Sincerely hope in the " Brave New World of the WHC" this will be the case too.

I’m in agreement, comp results should be visible for all.

Saying it dont need to see results is a very narrow minded view. You don’t see Sunday league teams only publishing their results amongst the other teams in their league

if HDID has any benefits over IG it’s that you can view other clubs results.

HDID also shows your scores from other clubs now which is a benefit

Absolutely :thup:

D

Deleted member 15344

Transparency, what's to hide :whistle: I can see how my friends are fairing from the clubs I've been members at, including those in NZ and also bragging rights over my two brothers . Also can see how my County colleagues are fairing too. Sincerely hope in the " Brave New World of the WHC" this will be the case too.

Why don’t you just ask them then ?

That’s not a “valid” reason for non members to be able to see Comp results for clubs they have no connection with

How about they members rights to have their scores only published within the club and not the outside world ? Don’t you think they hold more right than someone who wants to snoop

One of the best things about IG was the privacy which then stops internet trolls going searching looking for things.

As well as Comp scores people can use it to find out where others where on a specific date , HDID isn’t very private at all and I expect they will change very soon to stop people being able to check other clubs out because on HDID it’s not just scores you can find out is it.

In the brave new world of “WHC” people will still be able to have their privacy - I know a scary concept in this current world where some just “need” to know even though its not their “right” to know

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why don’t you just ask them then ?

That’s not a “valid” reason for non members to be able to see Comp results for clubs they have no connection with

How about they members rights to have their scores only published within the club and not the outside world ? Don’t you think they hold more right than someone who wants to snoop

One of the best things about IG was the privacy which then stops internet trolls going searching looking for things.

As well as Comp scores people can use it to find out where others where on a specific date , HDID isn’t very private at all and I expect they will change very soon to stop people being able to check other clubs out because on HDID it’s not just scores you can find out is it.

In the brave new world of “WHC” people will still be able to have their privacy - I know a scary concept in this current world where some just “need” to know even though its not their “right” to know

Ooh I do , I do :D although not the Kiwi ones so much these days as the time difference makes it a lot easier for me to look at theirs. It's not snooping for me . It's having an interest in how they're doing as mates .

I appreciate you've been on the end of internet witch hunts which may well have left you more paranoid than most and less trusting of the openness others embrace and that is your right, however with the reaction to the new handicapping system from some quarters being sceptical of golfers massaging their handicaps a system that shows everyone , everyone's rounds and scores in those rounds is only to be applauded .

D

Deleted member 15344

Ooh I do , I do :D although not the Kiwi ones so much these days as the time difference makes it a lot easier for me to look at theirs. It's not snooping for me . It's having an interest in how they're doing as mates .

I appreciate you've been on the end of internet witch hunts which may well have left you more paranoid than most and less trusting of the openness others embrace and that is your right, however with the reaction to the new handicapping system from some quarters being sceptical of golfers massaging their handicaps a system that shows everyone , everyone's rounds and scores in those rounds is only to be applauded .

Sorry but totally disagree - there is no "need" for anyone to be able to look at other peoples scores from other clubs.

I havent seen one valid reason for it - not one that trumps someone being able to have their privacy.

People should have the right to be able to have their privacy - its rare in this day and age.

if you have an interest in your mates scores - then ask , surely thats not difficult.

Sorry but openness on the internet is not a good thing and thats not being paranoid , thats not just common sense.

With new Data Protection Laws coming out soon that everyone must abide by you will soon see HDID change i fully expect.

People can use anything they find on the internet to cause any sort of harm - yep someone on here was that sad to go searching for me and use it against me on here - pretty harmless getting the golf scores but imagine it was the start of something more sinister.

Privacy in a freedom of information world seems a dirty world - we should all be able to chose the level of our information that is put into the public domain - IG allows that choice

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree that personal information should be private but we're talking about a score on a golf course which for the vast majority of us is hardly earth shattering news ;)

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never had a problem with HDID or the login. Decent enough system slaved to V1 which does everything we need it to do from a membership system without paying the higher price of IG. IG has a nice interface but it needs more than that for our club to be able to afford the change.

I also like the fact that you can set it up with your mates from their clubs using the same system to get updates on how they are doing.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Its not a perfect system but it works and is functional. HDID could be vastly improved with a wee bit of thought, effort and upgrades.

I also like looking at my mates scores at other clubs and getting a good bit of banter going.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not interested in individual players results but results from club comps is one of the things I would look at when thinking of joining a new club.

It's good to know how many comps they have, how many people take part, how the CSS compares to the SSS etc. This is all stuff I've looked at in the past when looking around at potential clubs to join on HDID.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

👍👍👍

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Phil, im sorry but you’re clutching at straws using Data privacy as a reason to not show results. If you’re going to argue that angle, then you’d have to argue that no one should see the results from your home club either. No tables, no handicaps no nothing. You literally get an email saying ‘you came 5th’

In terms of reasons to make them visible - Understanding opposition before playing (any other sport in the word allows you to scout previous performance), understanding usual CSS at a course you’re going to play.
Sharing performance with your mates I actually share passwords with some of my mates from IG clubs as we love comparing performances and handicaps etc.

Last edited:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Its not a perfect system but it works and is functional. HDID could be vastly improved with a wee bit of thought, effort and upgrades.

I also like looking at my mates scores at other clubs and getting a good bit of banter going.

This. Love being able to look at what's going on at other clubs and seeing how some of my mates are getting on and know they do the same with my club and my performances. It could be improved but I don't see that happening soon. To be honest I'm happy to be able to book online, and now my club has PSI working better and takes my entry fee at source when I sign into a competition and let me enter scores straight in after, it makes for a seamless process from start to finish

PaulyMcK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When I joined my club, I had to log into Classic to view my scores and book times, as when I logged into the normal version, it was my previous scores from my old club. After a season of this I dropped an email to HDID Support and they resolved this within a week. :D

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Lets say I'm going through a tricky period with the wife and I'm seeking personal consolation elsewhere. I tell her I'm off to play golf for a few hours but nip round to see the mistress instead.

It therefore is not in my interest for her to have the ability to go online and see when I didn't play golf when I said I was going to!!!

Ignoring the wrights and wrongs of having an affair in this hypothetical situation, there are therefore plenty of reasons why a person might not want his golfing activities laid bare for all to see in the public domain.