How are my friends across the pond?

Hoganman1

Visit site
I know many of you are either in COVID lockdown or Winter is preventing you from playing. It's been wet and cold here in NC, but we've been able to play sparingly. Obviously, you've all heard COVID is still raging here and we had an insurrection from the Trumpists. I lived through the 60s and it was pretty rough. Some how this seems worse. Hopefully, President Biden can get us back on track. He's certainly not perfect, but he's a decent man and truly loves our country. Hang in there and I hope you're all back on the links soon.

Hoganman1

Visit site
As a footnote, I'm planning on coming back to St. Andrews in 2022 to The Open Championship. It will give me a lifetime Grand Slam as a spectator. I'll be 72 so hopefully I will be able to make the trip. Our plans also include playing Carnoustie. My scorecard may look like the one featured in another thread on here, but hopefully not. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to coming back to the home of my ancestors and sticking a tee into hallowed ground.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
As a footnote, I'm planning on coming back to St. Andrews in 2022 to The Open Championship. It will give me a lifetime Grand Slam as a spectator. I'll be 72 so hopefully I will be able to make the trip. Our plans also include playing Carnoustie. My scorecard may look like the one featured in another thread on here, but hopefully not. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to coming back to the home of my ancestors and sticking a tee into hallowed ground.

Hopefully we will be back to something like normality by then and your dream will come true - good luck with Carnoustie! :)

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Your friends over here are fine - mostly. Getting a bit tetchy with each other at times, but ok.

You've got Covid, and we've got Covid - but at least we've not got Trump. Luckily, you wont have him for many more days - but sadly I fear his legacy will persist for some while to come. Been sad to watch it from afar, but at least we didnt have to live with it.

It cold & wet here and due to the restrictions, we're starting to get cabin fever. But we're coping. Chin up, all will be fine when you come over in 2022 for the Open - all will be back to normal bybthen & I'm sure you could meet up with a forummer or two when you do.

Hoganman1

Visit site
I know a lot of the European players who don't already live here in the US are not coming over for tournaments. I sure hope COVID eases up by March when THE PLAYERS is scheduled. I remember last year when it was abruptly canceled. With all the majors looming, we are all hoping for a normal Spring schedule both here and abroad. I am especially interested in Westwood's resurgence. I so want him to finally win a major. Also I'm hoping Rahm and Fleetwood have breakout years.
Also, did ya'll (I'm from the South) see where Angel Cabrera was arrested in Brazil? Apparently, he has been charged with domestic violence. I hate that if it's true. I always liked him and his style of play. I guess we'll learn more going forward.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I know many of you are either in COVID lockdown or Winter is preventing you from playing. It's been wet and cold here in NC, but we've been able to play sparingly. Obviously, you've all heard COVID is still raging here and we had an insurrection from the Trumpists. I lived through the 60s and it was pretty rough. Some how this seems worse. Hopefully, President Biden can get us back on track. He's certainly not perfect, but he's a decent man and truly loves our country. Hang in there and I hope you're all back on the links soon.
Thanks for asking and good to hear you're riding this out also.
Unfortunately not too many of us have regular access to links golf, but looking forward to returning to wherever!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nice to hear from you.

Total lockdown and course closed just about getting out of the house for a half an hour walk on the dry days.

I was surprised by one of my friends he has a house in Australia (I think it's in Melbourne) where has was since September 2019 and a house in California. This month he decided to return to California. On our news they are saying that California is one of the worst areas for new infections from covid at the moment.