How’s your moral compass

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It’s difficult to broach this subject without mentiioning The “ P” word Which is banned on this Forum. So before you post keep Politics out of it or else it will be another topic blocked.
But, Royalty, Social media, Sports including F1, Football etc etc. There just seems to be a standard of morals that quite frankly is in the gutter. How have we got to the stage that respect seems to have gone out of the window. Not just that but how do we reverse the trend.

Thoughts please.

Leftitshort

Visit site
My parents brought me up to know wrong from right, respect my elders and have good manners. Done a few things over the years I'm not proud of and I know would have disappointed them but for the most part I try my best. Don't suffer fools but will always give people a second chance but after that I'm done.
Yes. Mine also brought me up to know right from wrong. The most important lesson they taught me was that of integrity. It’s always important to have a healthy relationship with the truth

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yes. Mine also brought me up to know right from wrong. The most important lesson they taught me was that of integrity. It’s always important to have a healthy relationship with the truth

I decided long ago that relying on the media, journalists and loud-mouths would be noise. Most people know the difference between moral behaviour and immorality : they just lack conviction.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I decided long ago that relying on the media, journalists and loud-mouths would be noise. Most people know the difference between moral behaviour and immorality : they just lack conviction.
You made me choke on my beer! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Leftitshort

Visit site
I think most people know right from wrong objectively, unless they are a sociopath. Some get confused objectively. There’s often some justification gymnastics going on

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I was told the below. And is what I tell my kids

Be honest.
Respect is earned.
Own up to your mistakes.
Question everything, and make up your own mind.

My dad also said.
It’s better to seek forgiveness than ask permission.
And, never drink in a pub with a flat roof.

I also tell my kids they can choose whether or not they can be angry at, or blame others when something goes wrong. Or they can choose to deal with it, learn from it, use it as motivation and move on.