Hovering the club at address.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I went up to the range earlier and after a few hits I thought I'd try is for a change, I ended up smoking my 6 and 5 iron which I usually don't. Differing results with hybrids and 5 wood but the irons were a reall eye opener, it was like I had to really concentrate on the takeaway.
Anyone else do this and what results have you found?

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Tried this. Worked for a while but I eventually reverted to the traditional method. I'm not actually conscious of when I changed back, just found myself doing it.

I have a habit of holding the club too tightly & tensing up. It seemed to help. The only club it didn't work with was the putter.

Now you mention it I may give it another try.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I tried it for a little bit with the driver, thought it would get me starting the take away correctly. I felt like it kinda worked.....however, as soon as I did it in a lesson my pro made me stop pretty quickly. It could be personal preference, but I trust my pro so don’t do it.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting comments, I get what you are saying about tension but the balance comment is bang on, it certainly helps in that respect. It's something I'm definitely going to work on at the range but I'll be leaving it well alone on the course...for now lol.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I have tried it with my driver a few times with mixed results, if I catch it correct it flies for miles but more often or not I catch it off the heal and it goes 20yards along the ground, I feel when I hover the club I losse stability of the club, grounding it keeps the head were I want it

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not fan. As said above I think it potentially just introduces more tension in the arms, I like my arms to be relaxed before I swing, which means resting the club on the ground.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
There was a ‘me and my golf’ video a couple of years ago discussing why it is better. It just didn’t work for me. The balls I hit were better, the balls I topped were plenty.