Hosel Rockets!

Lewisadam88

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hello all,

Ive recently developed a horrible case of the shanks, not only that im blocking a fair few shots wayyy right, so, i decided to video my swing and found that im lunging at the ball with the hips on the downswing. I feel as though my arms get extremely cramped through impact and have no room to swing through the ball properly, unless i really pull the arms in close. If i dont i can start hitting shank after shank :mmm:

Below is an image of a 6 iron which to be honest i hit on the button, but if you take a close look at the hips you should hopefully see my problem.

Any information ragarding a way i which i can fix this before the start of the season would be very welcome :thup: drills, swing thoughts etc.?

[video=youtube;nJWNWQMmTYk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJWNWQMmTYk[/video]

Thanks in advance!

Lewis

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I post stuff on the forum then someone else PM's the people I help and tells them not to listen to me.

I guess it's been a long day. I'm considering my options. PM'ing will certainly stop a lot of arguments.

If you suffer from the shanks I can PM you the same information?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hello all,

Ive recently developed a horrible case of the shanks, not only that im blocking a fair few shots wayyy right, so, i decided to video my swing and found that im lunging at the ball with the hips on the downswing. I feel as though my arms get extremely cramped through impact and have no room to swing through the ball properly, unless i really pull the arms in close. If i dont i can start hitting shank after shank :mmm:

Below is an image of a 6 iron which to be honest i hit on the button, but if you take a close look at the hips you should hopefully see my problem.

Any information ragarding a way i which i can fix this before the start of the season would be very welcome :thup: drills, swing thoughts etc.?

[video=youtube;nJWNWQMmTYk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJWNWQMmTYk[/video]

Thanks in advance!

Lewis

Can I ask where is the ball positioned in your stance?

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site
Fortunately, although I have many faults, this isn't currently one of them. Thanks for the offer anyway. Without your posts I would never have tried S&T, which has improved my ball striking. Many thanks.
Paul.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Ive had a dose recently and found I had the weight too far forward at address and it was goign furhter forward on the way down. Club had nowhere to go. A change to posture has helped and I'm back hitting it great

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Fortunately, although I have many faults, this isn't currently one of them. Thanks for the offer anyway. Without your posts I would never have tried S&T, which has improved my ball striking. Many thanks.
Paul.

If you need help with that feel free to PM me..... always best if you get some vids :thup:

Lewisadam88

Medal Winner
Visit site
Got some great advice from Justone

Looking forward to implementing it tomorrow in practice.

Il update the thread on any improvements I make :)

Lewisadam88

Medal Winner
Visit site
Evening all, despite the rain i still managed to get out and hit a few balls after work working on my early extension of my hips.

Below is a video of one of the last swings i made after 100 balls focusing only on my hips on the downswing, although theres not much visible change when compared to my swing at te weekend i was striking the ball far more consistant towards the end. Still a long way to go yet however :)

[video=youtube;VKWnb82SQYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKWnb82SQYI[/video]

Last edited:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Wow, the difference in only 1 day is amazing, the guy in the top vid I'd fancy my chances against (looks like a 20 h/capper) the one in the bottom vid might give me a run for my money :mad:...... although it might just be the clothes!! LOLOLOL :D ;)

I'm not saying a lot more right now as you need to practice those moves a bit more first, but watch that right knee, it collapses a bit much, and I wouldn't get too hung up on anything 'Hogan' as you said in your PM.

Oh,... what IS your h/cap by the way?

Lewisadam88

Medal Winner
Visit site
im playing of 11 at the moment, hoping to get ino single figures next year. My swings just recently took a major turn in the right direction just as the season ended this year so im itching to get back out.

But, im going to use the gloooorious weather work on what you pointed out and hopefully by summer ill be a different class :)

Once again, thankyou very much!