Horsham/Haywards Heath/Crawley area course

swanny32

Journeyman Pro
Tiptree, Essex - Where they make the Jam!
www.utilitywarehouse.org.uk
Enlisting the help of you lot! Anyone know of a course around the Horsham/Haywards Heath/Crawley area where I can take my cousin to on Saturday.

He's 14 years old and has only been playing 6 months. He tells me he's been playing a small course down in Dover which is basically a par 3 course with one solitary par 4 of 300 yards.

I'm looking at Cuckfield which is a par 4 course with a single par 3 but wondered if anyone has any other places we could try. Don't want to take him anywhere that's going to be a bit too daunting for him with big par 5's etc.

Was also looking at Effingham Park but I have played there so many times in my life that I would struggle to show any enthusiasm to go and play there again.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Can't think of any short courses in the area that would be remotely worth playing. Maybe the Pheonix? course (the smaller one) at Cottesmore? I don't know the Cuckfield one you mentioned but it might be a worthwhile choice.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
If I was 14 I'd appreciate being taken to a proper course.. no matter how crap I was. Just need to avoid slow play and you're onto a winner :thup: .....might just make a golfer of him.

A round at Lindfield Park (behind Haywards heath) is pretty cheap.. you can get cheap green fees online, they even have a golf academy there.

Last edited:

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a couple of hours free last Summer and played Cuckfield. I think it would be perfect for a near beginner, but also has a couple of interesting holes where trouble lurks for a wayward shot. Condition was average and you can tell they get a fair amount of hacker traffic. Fairly undulating so travel light - most of all enjoy!