hooking

peanut69

Visit site
I play left handed when i tee off & with some of my iron shots the ball hooks out to the left any tips to rectify this would be much appreciated

peanut69

Visit site
Ok so its a slice i stand corrected. I've tried loosening my grip adjusting my stance so i aim further right taking off the power but Im still doing it might& to make matters worse the ball fairy keeps hiding my ball lol this only happens on tee shots now Im ok with the irons

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
If aim yourself to the right and have the clubface at the target you are automatically going to be cutting across the ball, better to stand more square and have the CLUBFACE aiming a little right of the target (a little closed). Your problem generally comes from the fact that the clubface is open at impact in relation to the path you swinging the club on.

As a 'quick fix' you could try closing the clubface a little and then regripping with your normal grip.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Couple of conflicting suggestions.

AS A QUICK (before you go see your Pro) FIX, I'd go with JO's solution - closing the face A LITTLE - but be aware that closing the face too much can indeed result in a Pull.

What you should not do is try to compensate by aligning yourself further and further to the right as, as JO posts, this will cause a bigger and bigger slice!