Holy Grail from Indiana Jones and the last Crusade syndrome

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Well that's what i call it anyway.

when you buy a bit of golf equipment after trying it and it works great.... until you take it out the shop/ remove the wrapping etc.

Ive got at lest 3 clubs sitting round that i have quickly stopped using after buying anyone else had this and what have you got??

Latest is the TM Spider mini holes every thing with it until i paid out, two rounds and back to my scotty

TM M4 three wood, hit it great on the LM goes nowhere on a course, 3 rounds

Mizuno JPX 900, 19 deg hybrid, went 20 yards further on the LM Than my xhot, yet to hit a good shot with it, except when i used it it the 3 club comp turned down to 22 deg.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Benross hybrid, I tried it on the driving range and it was fantastic, almost every shot straight and 200 yards, snapped it up (second hand). Out on the course it was hooks, slices, tops, even managed a flipping air shot with it which was the last straw. It's currently in my mate's bag because he didn't have a hybrid and is borrowing it. Before that it was consigned to the cupboard. Have replaced it with a more reliable Adams XTD anyway.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
An Odessey white hot #7 putter.

One round under par but the rest was dross so went back to my 2 ball. The #7 just seemed to sit naturally closed at address which messed with my set-up and made me think about it too much. Only bought it because my mate had one and he holed everything with it. Got rid after 6 months.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
the last thing i needed to read right now is a post saying its fantastic but when you buy it its pants ,as i have been hitting a mates driver [titleist 915 ] like god at the range ,so have just clicked buy it now,hopefully it will be a holy grail club and not a pig in a poke.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
the last thing i needed to read right now is a post saying its fantastic but when you buy it its pants ,as i have been hitting a mates driver [titleist 915 ] like god at the range ,so have just clicked buy it now,hopefully it will be a holy grail club and not a pig in a poke.
I think must have misunderstand the title;)

what is meant is, in the film they get the holy grail, but the knight says you can;t take it over the great seal, she' takes it over said seal and the thing stops working and the temple falls down... lol

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Many years ago Wilson DD6+ driver - great on the demo day but the one I bought only went out on the course for 3 rounds.

During the past year TaylorMade M1 and no matter what shaft I tried with it I could not get the consistency I got with my R9 (at least that one has been solved with an M4)