Callaway Epic problem - where to go from here??

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Lots of love out there for the Epic so I would hope you've just been very unlucky. Talk to Callaway and see what they say. They may even suggest by-passing returning it to the place of purchase and send another directly

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lots of love out there for the Epic so I would hope you've just been very unlucky. Talk to Callaway and see what they say. They may even suggest by-passing returning it to the place of purchase and send another directly

there's a hell of a lot of epics being sent back with similar problems. i was also told that ping are having a massive problem with the face cracking on their new g400 range too

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My Epic i think is doing the same in the same spot as yours.but I thought it was perhaps a laquer on top cracking. I will have a better look later and take a pic.

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
image.jpg is this the same issue because I thought it was wear and tear or laquer peeling but looks like it's the carbon chipping out. Will Callaway replace it because of that?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Spoke to my club pro and in the bar and those using Epic's haven't had any issues and the pro wasn't aware of problems. Clearly there are some out there struggling so I wonder if it's only a matter of time for those at the club with them.

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Yes taking it back today after I got a reply from Callaway.
k you for your email to Callaway Golf Europe.

Firstly, we were sorry to read that you have experienced a problem with your Epic driver. We must stress that this is not typical of the usual high standards of manufacture we maintain.

As a manufacturer, we provide an extensive two-year worldwide warranty on our products to provide peace of mind should damage ever occur due to a manufacturing fault. We would like to highlight that such faults are extremely rare due to our thorough manufacturing and quality control processes. Should such a rare fault occur during this two-year warranty period we will always be happy to repair and resolve.

In order to best assist you, we would kindly ask you to take your driver back to its original place of purchase so that your retailer can examine it for you on our behalf. Your retailer will then contact our Customer Service team here and between us we will help to arrange the fastest and most appropriate corrective action.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Yes taking it back today after I got a reply from Callaway.
k you for your email to Callaway Golf Europe.

Firstly, we were sorry to read that you have experienced a problem with your Epic driver. We must stress that this is not typical of the usual high standards of manufacture we maintain.

As a manufacturer, we provide an extensive two-year worldwide warranty on our products to provide peace of mind should damage ever occur due to a manufacturing fault. We would like to highlight that such faults are extremely rare due to our thorough manufacturing and quality control processes. Should such a rare fault occur during this two-year warranty period we will always be happy to repair and resolve.

In order to best assist you, we would kindly ask you to take your driver back to its original place of purchase so that your retailer can examine it for you on our behalf. Your retailer will then contact our Customer Service team here and between us we will help to arrange the fastest and most appropriate corrective action.

Forward, if slow progress. As long as they don't try the "normal wear and tear" line and shift the blame back to you (has been known on here by some manufacturers) then it should get sorted

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Forward, if slow progress. As long as they don't try the "normal wear and tear" line and shift the blame back to you (has been known on here by some manufacturers) then it should get sorted
They better not try the wear and tear line only had it 3 months so probably no more than 25 rounds old.

mashleyR7

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well my visit to Left Handed Golf / Silvermere took allof 2 mins:

'Hello, I bought this in March...." show him the club.
"Let me get you a new one" as he fetches it from the shelf "what setting is it on?" quick switch over "there you go, if this one does we'll give you a refund"

Great service as alway so no issues there but I'm not sure what to think about the club going forward. Clearly not the first one he's seen and prob not the first refund they've given. They much know there's a problem with the design. Anyhow, my third Callaway Epic head, lets see how long this lasts.

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Mine has been sent back to Callaway so no driver at the mo but club pro says if it's not sorted by medal on Thursday I can take any driver I want from the shop to use.

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I hope so coz went to the range the day before I returned it. And was using driver teed up on the rubber tees. Way to high but hit it anyway and got a lovely sky mark on the toe. So nice new head will be a bonus.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
If it's real carbon fibre pre preg then it's the cured epoxy resin chipping away. As I work in that industry. It'd be normal. Especially if you scuff the ground occasionally.

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just received a new Epic head after returning it to Callaway. They said that the chipping was due to people using plastic tees. And advised me to use wooden tees from now on. Did make me chuckle that pink castle tees can wreck a Driver. But at least I've received a new club.great service as normal from Callaway