Votes: 61 58.7%
  • YES

Votes: 34 32.7%
  • UNDECIDED

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 18588

Could I ask all of you who are thinking of Devon and Cornwall to avoid the M5 past Bristol on weekend mornings as I zip down a couple of junctions to get to the morning roll up - thanks.

I used to wish for the same thing when I lived in Clevedon and had to get to Bristol to play cricket (after golf at Clevedon in the morning).?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
if there are still elements of lockdown, like bars, resturants and toursit attractions closed then it has little benifit to local com. Last year we were flooded with camper vans and lots of wild camping, with no facilities open to cope. the end result lots of dirty camping and littering of beauty spots. egot so bad the they had to have a debate in SP about dirty camping and discussions are ongoing on enforcement of the OAC
Just do what they do in NZ and enforce it (there are going to be plenty of folks looking for work - any work). If you are not 'blue badged' to show you have on board toilet then you can only stop over on sites with toilet facilities - you cannot stop over anywhere else and if you do you are fined. Just make the deterrent significant.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I should be on plane to Belek in Turkey right now.........hey ho.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Just do what they do in NZ and enforce it (there are going to be plenty of folks looking for work - any work). If you are not 'blue badged' to show you have on board toilet then you can only stop over on sites with toilet facilities - you cannot stop over anywhere else and if you do you are fined. Just make the deterrent significant.
i think thats what being discussed, who is going to enforce it. it's happened a few times on a couple of the NNR's and staff had to clear up tents, Rubbish and human waste, which isn't their job

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
if there are still elements of lockdown, like bars, resturants and toursit attractions closed then it has little benifit to local com. Last year we were flooded with camper vans and lots of wild camping, with no facilities open to cope. the end result lots of dirty camping and littering of beauty spots. egot so bad the they had to have a debate in SP about dirty camping and discussions are ongoing on enforcement of the OAC

I photographed a football match in Brora back in October - very little traffic of any kind all the way up and past Inverness - once I got to the North side of the Black Isle it was really busy, loads and loads of camper vans and motor homes. Made a detour to Chanonary Point intending to stop for a lunch break - when i got there it was mobbed - half the little car park was taken up by motorhomes. Loads of litter in lay-bys up North of Inverness too.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I photographed a football match in Brora back in October - very little traffic of any kind all the way up and past Inverness - once I got to the North side of the Black Isle it was really busy, loads and loads of camper vans and motor homes. Made a detour to Chanonary Point intending to stop for a lunch break - when i got there it was mobbed - half the little car park was taken up by motorhomes. Loads of litter in lay-bys up North of Inverness too.

i can imagine, i think they have a marshal thats supposed to patrol that car park since they did it up... but even the Rugby club car park here reg had CV's parked up in them the last few months. One even emptied its Toilet in the layby/access to the canal path by the swing Bridge before Christmas.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Got a family holiday booked for Dubai in October, if we can go all well and good but if not, so be it.
Hoping to get a round of golf in as one of my mates now works at Emirates golf club.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can’t see international borders opening up anytime soon. Vaccination will have the opposite effect in the short term with countries looking to protect what they’ve got while the pandemic is still not under control across the globe.

I’d guess Europe might become an option next summer (2022) if the EU manages to sort out its supply issues, perhaps even winter sun next winter.

Who knows for the rest of the world? And all of the above assumes no new variants that cause a material risk to our vaccination program.

Perhaps I’m overly negative on this, but I think the UK government should be very cautious on international travel to protect the UK’s economy. Yes there would be some damage, but nothing like as much as there will be if there are further lockdowns.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
We had long discussions about this in our house. As I retire this year the plan, for years, has been a family holiday of a lifetime. Possibly the last chance we’ll get as my youngest soon turns 18.

Realistically, what we had in mind is not happening. Even if me and the good lady are vaccinated, there is no way of anticipating the situation overseas, and there is the spectre of self-isolation on our return.

We thought about waiting a few weeks, but a few searches for properties in the U.K. made our mind up. There’s not a lot left, and those we could find were pricey. It was obvious if we left it any longer we wouldn’t be going anywhere, abroad or otherwise.

So two weeks in a Dorset cottage it is, with hope of a late deal in Spain in the autumn.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Has the announcement yesterday changed anyone's vote?

Not for Tash, if anything it has muddied the waters. Dates have been given, but them dates are not cast in stone. It all depends on “ Data”. Those dates could be pushed back. At the moment it’s still mablethorpe.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Too late for me to re-arrange the two foreign stag do's I will now miss as they were scheduled for April (Krakow) and May (Amsterdam) respectively... but I may try and get away for new year to Amsterdam - Went with the wife and another couple for NYE 2019/20 and it was spectacular!

Billysboots

Visit site

No, as we have now booked in the U.K. And had we not done so, I still wouldn’t have waited until May on the off chance we can travel abroad. That would make the odds of finding a U.K. holiday, in the event foreign restrictions still apply, very long indeed.

All this has done is raise my hopes of a few days in Spain with the good lady later in the year. But I still think booking a main holiday abroad at the moment is unwise.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm still hopeful of getting away in August, and will have hopefully had a jab by then. Booked a 'back-up' week in Cornwall just in case although the cost is eye-watering (but can be cancelled free anytime up to 14 days before).

Billysboots

Visit site
I'm still hopeful of getting away in August, and will have hopefully had a jab by then. Booked a 'back-up' week in Cornwall just in case although the cost is eye-watering (but can be cancelled free anytime up to 14 days before).

Tell me about it. A 3-bed cottage in Devon for two weeks in July has cost me a small fortune. For less than double the price I could have done two weeks in Florida with the kids, flights, accommodation and theme parks included. ?

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My flight to Spain is booked for the 16th May.:cry: Hopefully Easyjet will move my flight to the 17th.(y)

We moved flights with Easyjet a few weeks back - they are waiving the admin fee so you just need to pay the difference if the cost of the flight has gone up (which most have!)

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just booked for Belek 2022. Return flights from Edinburgh with extra leg room, clubs and bags = £280, 7 nights all inclusive at Serene Belek, 2 rounds Sultan, 2 x Pasha, 1 Carya & 1 x Montgomerie = £900. Cheaper than 2 years ago, and plenty of time to save. (y) :)