Hogan & rolling the wrists

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I had a lesson a few weeks back. Advice was to rotate my wrists so that my right palm is facing the sky where I 'would be able to hold up a tray of drinks' in theory. Been doing it ever since the lesson and I have 100% gotten worse and my confidence has gone in my shots. In fact I find I top the ball now - something I never did in recent months.

One of the big problems I have is squaring my club face. It's a problem so I'm probably exaggerating my issue with rotating the wrists. My ball goes off to the right frequently but it's not a slice - the ball goes straight but on the wrong line.
You're probably pulling the handle through impact which will make you hit out right all day. It's normally a symptom of golfers being fixated with getting a forward leaning shaft so they drag the club through impact which holds the face open.

Release the lag much earlier so the shaft has room to square up, a little forward shaft lean is good but don't overdo it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I had a lesson a few weeks back. Advice was to rotate my wrists so that my right palm is facing the sky where I 'would be able to hold up a tray of drinks' in theory. Been doing it ever since the lesson and I have 100% gotten worse and my confidence has gone in my shots. In fact I find I top the ball now - something I never did in recent months.

One of the big problems I have is squaring my club face. It's a problem so I'm probably exaggerating my issue with rotating the wrists. My ball goes off to the right frequently but it's not a slice - the ball goes straight but on the wrong line.
The ‘waiter holding the tray‘ advice was what one of my mates was given. He was hitting a high slice off the tee - no longer, he is hitting it straight - sometimes right to left or straight left...but the high slice has generally been eliminated. He is very much happier these days when standing on the tee.