Hmmm nice shot Keegan

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How does he avoid being done for slow play ? Presumably he must sprint between shots to keep up with the group in front. If he did get on the clock, he would be penalised on every shot.:mad:

I have no Idea, to be honest makes you feel for the poor lad Guan when he was pulled up in the masters

OMcG

Club Champion
Visit site
All this criticism of keegan being a slow player....im sure if he was overly slow this would be punished by officials. Cant understand how people can judge players pace of play from tv. I watched him at the irish open a couple of years back and he was certainly not any slower than the norm.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
All this criticism of keegan being a slow player....im sure if he was overly slow this would be punished by officials. Cant understand how people can judge players pace of play from tv. I watched him at the irish open a couple of years back and he was certainly not any slower than the norm.

Was thinking the same. He didn't stand out as being a particularly slow player. Took a little bit more time than some but never seemed excessive.

Iaing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Oh for God's sake! He's like death warmed up, like most of 'em.

It. Does. Not. Take. Five. Hours. To. Play. A. Round. Of. Golf.

Wasting the game!

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm fairly sure that if we were all playing for hundreds of thousands of pounds, we'd all take a little bit more time. I know I would. With some of the courses the pro's play, the approaches etc have to be fairly meticulous to get it close. Unlike a lot of our courses ( I would assume) which are pretty point and shoot at the pin, with the run-offs the pros face, they want to make sure they give themselves the best opportunity at making a score.
I have no issue with them taking a little extra time over shots...I do however draw the line at the constant in and out that Loupe was doing last week or the week before. He was in to the ball, away from the ball, in to the ball, away from the ball about 8 times....that really got my goat. He did, however, then manage to pull off the shot perfectly...

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm fairly sure that if we were all playing for hundreds of thousands of pounds, we'd all take a little bit more time. I know I would. With some of the courses the pro's play, the approaches etc have to be fairly meticulous to get it close. Unlike a lot of our courses ( I would assume) which are pretty point and shoot at the pin, with the run-offs the pros face, they want to make sure they give themselves the best opportunity at making a score.
I have no issue with them taking a little extra time over shots...I do however draw the line at the constant in and out that Loupe was doing last week or the week before. He was in to the ball, away from the ball, in to the ball, away from the ball about 8 times....that really got my goat. He did, however, then manage to pull off the shot perfectly...

i agree with this, it was excessive but your last line sums it up tho!

I wonder hypothetically, if you were 'guaranteed' to pull off the perfect shot by a routine that took a bit longer, how many players would do it?

D

Deleted member 15344

i agree with this, it was excessive but your last line sums it up tho!

I wonder hypothetically, if you were 'guaranteed' to pull off the perfect shot by a routine that took a bit longer, how many players would do it?

That person would then be playing on the tour

D

Deleted member 15344

That doesn't answer my question does it really, but I don't think you would answer it tbh considering what's already been said.

No i wouldnt extend any routine because i know that extending any routine will increase playing time. But there is no "guaranteed" - everyone would love to pull off the perfect shot - but not even the pros do that. Bradleys routine is awful to watch - it is very frustrating. But its his routine and as long as he doesnt hold up play or that routines effects the pace of play then away he goes.

The question is would you do a routine you know helps you play a bit better but you also know slows the pace of play down ?

Westy3469

Medal Winner
Visit site
Just think what his pre putt routine will be like when he is not allowed to use the long putter in a couple of years