Hmmm nice shot Keegan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thoughts are things!

Think you can't- you won't

Think you can- you might

Think you will- you will

The mind is a very powerful tool if used.........

Not on this forum, a lot say it's a load of old tosh!!!! Well it is if your playing golf that is........

D

Deleted member 15344

Not on this forum, a lot say it's a load of old tosh!!!! Well it is if your playing golf that is........

As i said earlier the mid is powerful but restricted by the body

I think i will win the Masters - will i ? Answer is no - regardless of what my mind says because my body doesnt have the ability.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I think i will win the Masters - will i ? Answer is no - regardless of what my mind says because my body doesnt have the ability.

Can you win 'our' Masters (your club championship)? Obviously not by your statement........

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
PGA players have, and always will, be penalised for slow play. It was shown last week with Loupe et al.

Therefore it is almost certain that Keegan's PSR is not a problem in terms of slow play

YES - it looks fidgety and slightly OCD BUT...i have often seen as soon as his FC's have taken a shot, he is ready to start his own PSR.

I actually think Keegan is great. I could watch him every week. and i hope he wins next week (him or speith!)

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Oh by the way why don't you and Richart try telling Tom Watson about age and body restriction? :whistle:

D

Deleted member 15344

Oh by the way why don't you and Richart try telling Tom Watson about age and body restriction? :whistle:

What about it ?

Did he improve with age ? Did he win more majors as he got older ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Can you win 'our' Masters (your club championship)? Obviously not by your statement........

I dont think i can win our club championships - but that doesnt bother me one single bit

The point is ( you like missing them ) is just because someone "thinks they will" doesnt mean they actually "will"

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What about it ?

Did he improve with age ? Did he win more majors as he got older ?

It's not a question of did he win more majors is it? It's a case of the age he was, he took on the younger, fitter players and the fact he came within one putt of winning The Open shows that golf doesn't know how old you are. If you keep yourself in shape you can play this game no matter the age.
Who's missing the point now?

D

Deleted member 15344

It's not a question of did he win more majors is it? It's a case of the age he was, he took on the younger, fitter players and the fact he came within one putt of winning The Open shows that golf doesn't know how old you are. If you keep yourself in shape you can play this game no matter the age.

Did he win ?

He had a one off tournament - just like Norman did where they surpassed expectations

But i read what richart has posted because he never said you cant play the game at the advanced years - he was talking about your body preventing you from improving as a golfer. Is Watson as good as what he was in previous years when he won the majors - No .

Again you miss the point.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site

I don't really want to get in between the love in you and phil are having, but you can't use an exceptional circumstance to illustrate a general point.

Watson by his own admission benefitted from a particular set of circumstances. Modern equipment, his knowledge of the course and the inability of the rest of the contenders to close it out. The play off showed how competitive he really was, sadly.

Bringing back on topic, keegan bradley's psr is painful, but in his case seems necessary. He and kevin na are scared to hit the ball. It's not about wanting to get better, it's about fear of hitting a bad shot. It's an emotional crutch for the scared.

Understand that and you'll play better! !

(Jeez, I'm wasted. I sound like Yoda)

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Did he win ?

He had a one off tournament - just like Norman did where they surpassed expectations

But i read what richart has posted because he never said you cant play the game at the advanced years - he was talking about your body preventing you from improving as a golfer. Is Watson as good as what he was in previous years when he won the majors - No .

Again you miss the point.

thats your opinion for what it's worth, I would imagine that he 'thinks' (psychologically, something you don't believe in) he's just as good now as he was in his hey day. You don't have to win anything to justify that? So remind me what point I'm missing this time 'O' wise one!

D

Deleted member 15344

thats your opinion for what it's worth, I would imagine that he 'thinks' (psychologically, something you don't believe in) he's just as good now as he was in his hey day. You don't have to win anything to justify that? So remind me what point I'm missing this time 'O' wise one!

You really think he believes he is just as good now as he was in those days - so i expect that thinking will be backed up by actions !

Again just because you "think" something doesnt mean its actually true

For the point you are missing just read back and let me know what point you think richart was making to reply the way you did( it wasnt actually me )

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't really want to get in between the love in you and phil are having, but you can't use an exceptional circumstance to illustrate a general point.

Watson by his own admission benefitted from a particular set of circumstances. Modern equipment, his knowledge of the course and the inability of the rest of the contenders to close it out. The play off showed how competitive he really was, sadly.

Bringing back on topic, keegan bradley's psr is painful, but in his case seems necessary. He and kevin na are scared to hit the ball. It's not about wanting to get better, it's about fear of hitting a bad shot. It's an emotional crutch for the scared.

Understand that and you'll play better! !

(Jeez, I'm wasted. I sound like Yoda)

:rofl:I think not.

I have every sympathy (even tho it's painful to watch) what they go thru, Sergio had it a number of years ago, and now they do what they do for a reason, and it's a mental block just like the fear of releasing a dart, or cueing in snooker. But cos their routines are longer doesn't mean we should chastise them for it? Obviously Bradley and Na must do something to make up for their routines as they don't get penalised.

Whatever your stance is if you think a PSR has or has not got a place in amateur golf, I would like to bet, that if an amateur no matter the ability, has and knows he is onto to his best round ever, it's human nature that he will slow down as to not make mistakes, to shoot that score. He will start to take longer over his shots, instead of keep doing the same thing that's got him there cos he's now placing importance on that shot. You learn thru golf, and as bad as it was, Loupe would of learnt from that experience the other week and he recognised that and apologised for it as he's never been in high profile situation. So the same for high hc players who have a habit of saying to a cat 1, I hope I don't interfere or ruin your game..... Personally I say, just play your own game and don't worry about it.

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You really think he believes he is just as good now as he was in those days - so i expect that thinking will be backed up by actions !

Again just because you "think" something doesnt mean its actually true

For the point you are missing just read back and let me know what point you think richart was making to reply the way you did( it wasnt actually me )

In that case then you think psychology is a waste of time, doesn't mean it's actually true!!