Hitting or Swinging?

1664louis

Club Champion
Visit site
I would like to get everyone's thoughts on the best method for learning the golf swing, either as a hitter or a swinger? I understand alot of young kids start there golfing careers as swingers as they do not possess the muscular power to hit the golf ball. Is this the reason why many golfing Pro's teach this method of using centrifugal force?

As a latecomer to the game I find it very difficult to feel the swinging action, so naturally i have developed a hitting golf swing.

Check out my swing on my blog and let me know what you think?

http://commando-to-golf-pro.blogspot.co.uk/

1664louis

Club Champion
Visit site
I used to slice the ball mainly by coming over the top, which I am currently working on and now producing pulls and hooks.

1664louis

Club Champion
Visit site
It sounds such an easy drill but when youve been swaying forward from the top of the backswing do much it is quite a hard drill to ingrain.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's something I have a tendency to do as well.

I don't know if I've missed a post somewhere but I can't see any drills on this page :confused:

The first one I tried was to put an object to the left of my left hip and try not to hit it during the swing, but it didn't work too well for me.

Now I have a bit of wood about 1" square and put it under the outside of my left foot, and it works great for me.

elliottlale

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
good luck with the mission and the blog. have many friends in the corps, mainly at ASG in Yeovs and being a member of the RN, know you havent had much time to take golf seriously. quite a few mates have left/are leaving to go into MarSec so keep it up, they are loving it.
All the best Royal

Heidi

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's something I have a tendency to do as well.

I don't know if I've missed a post somewhere but I can't see any drills on this page :confused:

The first one I tried was to put an object to the left of my left hip and try not to hit it during the swing, but it didn't work too well for me.

Now I have a bit of wood about 1" square and put it under the outside of my left foot, and it works great for me.
go to the blog - and there are a few videos on it!

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was taught to trap the golf ball :)

The swing is made, the face comes through from the inside and traps the ball, it has nowhere to go other than up the face of the golf club and off in a nice soft draw.

1664louis

Club Champion
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who replied, there are some great points here to work on in the next few weeks and i will keep you all posted.