Hitting it fat...... A lot!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Defintion: Reverse pivot: weight moves away from the target on the downstroke

In the Stack & Tilt pattern, from the top of the back swing the weight moves towards the target through downstroke.

Hope this helps :thup:

is this not just transfering the weight? my right leg straightens out on the backswing. this is in S&T isnt it?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
is this not just transfering the weight? my right leg straightens out on the backswing. this is in S&T isnt it?

It is but you're not transfering the weight from your right leg through to your left side.

In the S&T pattern, your weight is slightly forward at address (55-45) continues forward to the left side through the end of the back swing (60-40) and continues on through the down swing. No weight transfers to the right hand side during the swing.

The right leg straightening is an aspect of the S&T pattern yes.

More info here:

http://stackandtiltgolfswing.com/the-basics/

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
the tuck hips thing is intresting. this is something i would do if say i was trying to force an 8iron out of the rough and rip it up into the air. when i pull this off i feel like ive finished like tiger woods. something to think about at the range tonight!

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
the tuck hips thing is intresting. this is something i would do if say i was trying to force an 8iron out of the rough and rip it up into the air. when i pull this off i feel like ive finished like tiger woods. something to think about at the range tonight!

Glad you found something useful in the link Gary :thup: