Hitting ground with woods on the tee.....

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have always been told to have your hands level/in line with with the driver head I certainly do at set up, and have them ahead with irons.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How do you then sweep the driver off the tee if the hands are ahead at impact does this not mean you are hitting down on the ball.?
I am also talking about impact. and why would you not set up how you want hit it.?

Last edited:

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How do you then sweep the driver off the tee if the hands are ahead at impact does this not mean you are hitting down on the ball.?
I am also talking about impact. and why would you not set up how you want hit it.?

I guess because your head is behind the ball. I'm no pro and only conveying what I have been told be several. Take a look at the images of the golfers in Gareths post in this thread (http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/sh...ods-on-the-tee&p=866843&viewfull=1#post866843) as you can see, head is behind and hands are ahead of the driver head/ball at impact.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I guess because your head is behind the ball. I'm no pro and only conveying what I have been told be several. Take a look at the images of the golfers in Gareths post in this thread (http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/sh...ods-on-the-tee&p=866843&viewfull=1#post866843) as you can see, head is behind and hands are ahead of the driver head/ball at impact.

Sorry Woody but I cant see anyone in those images has their hands significantly in front of the ball look at Luke Donald in the last image which is a straight on picture. You will always get the impression that the hands are leading and they will to keep lag but by the time impact comes they will be more or less level with the club head as they were at set up. Anyway you have you ideas and I have mine so I will leave it there. :)