Hitting another player's ball with your ball on the green...

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rules gurus will be along with exact ruling for you Gareth , off hand provided both balls were on the green.. i would say 2 shot penalty for you , play your own as it lies & replace the other ball ..

probably end up being wrong tho :)

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rules gurus will be along with exact ruling for you Gareth , off hand provided both balls were on the green.. i would say 2 shot penalty for you , play your own as it lies & replace the other ball ..

probably end up being wrong tho :)

this is spot on, nothing to compliacated with this scenario....

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
is there a different outcome to this if you are chipping on, or say even teeing off on a par 3? i assume its tough luck to you the striker, and try to replace the original ball back?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
is there a different outcome to this if you are chipping on, or say even teeing off on a par 3? i assume its tough luck to you the striker, and try to replace the original ball back?

not quite sure what you are asking Scott ?

If a player’s ball in motion after a stroke is deflected or stopped by a ball in play and at rest, the player must play his ball as it lies. In match play, there is no penalty. In stroke play, there is no penalty, unless both balls lay on the putting green prior to the stroke, in which case the player incurs a penalty of two strokes. In all instances the other ball is replaced.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
not quite sure what you are asking Scott ?

If a player’s ball in motion after a stroke is deflected or stopped by a ball in play and at rest, the player must play his ball as it lies. In match play, there is no penalty. In stroke play, there is no penalty, unless both balls lay on the putting green prior to the stroke, in which case the player incurs a penalty of two strokes. In all instances the other ball is replaced.

I think you got the gist with your answer, player A has found the green, player B then plays his chip for arguments sake and his ball hits player A's. I assume player B plays as it lies, and player A replaces his ball to where it was...