Hirsel Pro Shop - Break In.

Naybrains

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just a wee note folks to make you aware of a break in at the Hirsel Golf Club in the Scottish Borders, a wonderful course many of you will be aware of through the forum.
Happened early hours of Tuesday morning around 0240hrs, The Pro Shop was forcibly entered and the best part of £7000 worth of stuff was stolen including Under Armour Waterproofs, Glenmuir Jumpers, Taylormade & Cobra drivers. Could you let your local Pro's know about this and If you guys n girls see anything online or hear word on the street about knocked off stuff that raises suspicions let me know, i'm very good Pals with Dan in the shop, Dodger and the Shop owner Michael Hackett.

I'm sure you'll agree these utter scumbags need caught.

Link to the story on Police Scotland Website too - btw it didnt happen in Kelso... The Hirsel is in the town of Coldstream!
www.scotland.police.uk/whats-happening/news/2014/december/appeal-for-witnesses-break-in-golf-kelso

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yip, time of year for it unfortunately.

Wallasey pro shop also suffered a break but unsure if they got anything but it's a break in none the less.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Really sorry to read that, I hope they catch the perpetrators ( I couldn't type the adjective I wanted to use)

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just a wee note folks to make you aware of a break in at the Hirsel Golf Club in the Scottish Borders, a wonderful course many of you will be aware of through the forum.
Happened early hours of Tuesday morning around 0240hrs, The Pro Shop was forcibly entered and the best part of £7000 worth of stuff was stolen including Under Armour Waterproofs, Glenmuir Jumpers, Taylormade & Cobra drivers. Could you let your local Pro's know about this and If you guys n girls see anything online or hear word on the street about knocked off stuff that raises suspicions let me know, i'm very good Pals with Dan in the shop, Dodger and the Shop owner Michael Hackett.

I'm sure you'll agree these utter scumbags need caught.

Link to the story on Police Scotland Website too - btw it didnt happen in Kelso... The Hirsel is in the town of Coldstream!
www.scotland.police.uk/whats-happening/news/2014/december/appeal-for-witnesses-break-in-golf-kelso

Sorry to hear of that, hope they retrieve their stuff , unlikely but hopefully ,

Please pass my best wishes to Allan when you talk to him next

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It is sad that golf clubs seem to be the target of choice for theives at the moment. We have just had an email from the club stating that there have been 5 attempted break ins this year as well as attempts to steal from the diesel tank. It has got to the stage where the club has asked that we top up our bar cards by debit card and use cash as little as possible to minimise the amount of money kept on site.

Hopefully they will be caught.

Lanark_Golfer

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
One of the local courses to mine at Carluke had their clubhouse broken into and trophies stolen a year or so back. Lanark have since installed metal shuttered cabinets like shop fronts to protect them, one of the trophies has been played for annually for 15 years more than the open and they are irreplaceable. Problem is they are just another quick quid for these theiving scumbags :sbox: