Hirsel Golf Club

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Looks in great nick alright , is there any lasting damage Alan ?

Not really bar the supporting wall being ripped away by the river at the 2nd tee but it is in the hands of insurers at the moment.

Right hand side of the 1st has retained a bit of water and it's stinking like a swam but it isn't in play and there isn't much we can do about it bar wait for it to go.

The lads have worked hard to get us back up and running again and it's nice to hear a lot of positive comments from folk,Naybrains was here last night and judging by his tweets he thought it was very good considering.I'll need to catch up with him to see what he thought and also to thank him for something he done for the club recently....he aint a bad lad.;)

Naybrains

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not really bar the supporting wall being ripped away by the river at the 2nd tee but it is in the hands of insurers at the moment.

Right hand side of the 1st has retained a bit of water and it's stinking like a swam but it isn't in play and there isn't much we can do about it bar wait for it to go.

The lads have worked hard to get us back up and running again and it's nice to hear a lot of positive comments from folk,Naybrains was here last night and judging by his tweets he thought it was very good considering.I'll need to catch up with him to see what he thought and also to thank him for something he done for the club recently....he aint a bad lad.;)
No probs pal..take it you were on a promise last night?
Back to the serious business, yeah thourghly enjoyed it. Infact me and Dave left buzzing, I had been warned about a few wet patches but certainly nothing a free drop couldn't sort out. One or two folks had mentioned there was lots of grass cuttings lieing around which I felt was pointless comment considering a Golf course does tend to be grass based which usually leads to grass cuttings being seen.
Greens rolled fairly well i even holed a few 12 footers with the Scotty Combi s which i was trying out!
Bunkers where in remarkably good nic too, must have been a staggering amount of work just to get them in play.
As I said on twitter - Credit to the Greenstaff!!!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
that was some ammount of flooding, last few days rain cause anymore?

Looks like a mini heatwave from today till Sunday so hopefully courses will get a chance to dry out