Hirsel Golf Club

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Are you sure Dodger? If it's the course I'm thinking of, it was definitely an 18 holer. Had a really nice short par 3 off an elevated tee with what I think was a stream in front of the green. I'm sure it was the Hirsel we played. Is there another course in or near Coldstream I could be getting confused with? The 18th hole started fairly flat and then swept downhill and to the left towards the clubhouse if memory serves me right?

Sounds like it would have been The Hirsel Smiffy but the 18th as you describe it would have been the 9th hole in 91 as it was not extended to 18 until mid 1994.The par 3 you describe would have been the old 7th or the 10th as it is now and the clubhouse in 91 would have been a shed in comparison to what stands there now.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Freshly taken 2 minutes ago...greens up to 10 which aint bad considering the amount of bloody rain we have had recently.

AvWIQJyCMAEah-8.jpg

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Place looks in great nick Alan , our greenkeepers played a blinder in having our place immaculate for open week this week despite a months rain in 2 days

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Bloody hell Dodger, our place has a couple of puddles on the course, yours looks like a lake with the occasional island for the ducks...

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Jeez..

How long do you reckon until you're open again Dodge....?

The river has this afternoon gone back within it's banks but been damage done to bunkers on 10 and the 2nd tee has received a fair bit of damage.

41mm in 10 hours.

Wednesday at the earliest I would say but the lads will be busy rallying around to try and get it open ASAP while I battle it out with the bloody insurers!:rolleyes:

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Jeez Dodger, any more rain this week and im not gonna get a game next weekend.

Might have to leave it til end of the following week, which will probably suit my plans better anyway.

Fingers crossed we get a dry spell

Naybrains

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The river has this afternoon gone back within it's banks but been damage done to bunkers on 10 and the 2nd tee has received a fair bit of damage.

41mm in 10 hours.

Wednesday at the earliest I would say but the lads will be busy rallying around to try and get it open ASAP while I battle it out with the bloody insurers!:rolleyes:
How's the 4th green pal?