Hippo Hex & Ram QUB3

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Has anyone tried either of these drivers yet? The idea of a nice forgiving driver at about £100 seems tempting but I am wondering if these new shapes are a gimic. I would certainly not spend the money that Callaway or Nike are asking but the latest technology at this price seems more attractive. I believe that these new shapes may hit a bit shorter but I have now got over the stage where I feel that I have to hit every shot as far as I can and am seeing the benefits of accuracy over distance. None of the pro shops around me are stocking either at the moment so would have to travel to give one a go so was wondering if it was worth the effort.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
The RAM Hex looks by far the ugliest club but based on 4-5 reviews I have read it is the DOG'S DANGLEYS. Try and get one with an Aldila or Grafalloy shaft in it. I am thinking of buying one just to give it a go. What is the worst that can happen? If I don't like it I am sure I won't loose a lot of money on the resell. I bought a Mizuno MX 500 for £100 and I would be lucky to get 70 for it now.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I read a comprehensive article on drivers in TG (May 2007)and of the bargain drivers tested the one that stood head and shoulders above the rest was the SKYMAX PULSE NXD SQUARE. They said it was identical to the Callaway FT-i and had a UST shaft in it and here is the best bit. It's £99.99.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Has anyone actually had a go with any of these clubs. As a high handicapper I have fallen for the claims of club manufacturers before to my regret. If I stand on a driving range hitting balls for long enough then I tend to be able to convince myself that any club is right for me then am unable to produce that form on the course as have not hit 3 or 4 pratice shots before hand. I made this mistake with a Taylormade Burner which I bought based on this and is now heading for ebay.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have tried the Hippo Hex and it does the job, however, for 40 quid cheaper you can get the Hippo XXL which for the price really is the business!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
That was not me, that was a reply to my post. Having tried both and a few others though, I quite liked the Skymax Pulse