Highest score you have had to win a hole in matchplay.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Me and Marc (kellfire) played up Linden Hall yesterday and decided to play matchplay to keep the round interesting.

After him mainly being up all the way round we came to the 16th a dog leg par 5 with him 3up and me needing to win the hole to keep the match alive.

He hit a 3wood just off the right hand side of the fairway but fine, I pull hook my drive into the rubbish, take an unplayable, chip into the fairway while he lays up around 100 yard away from the green in the fairway, I pull hook my 4th shot about 100 yards up and back into the rubbish then top a hybrid about another 80 yards forward. My heads gone and I'm about to give him the hole when he sticks his 3rd shot into the greenside bunker so I decide to keep going.

After some thinned bunkers shots an unplayable lie in the rough from Kellfire I win the whole with a 9!

Needles to say I lost the 17th to loose the match but it got us wondering what's the highest score that's won a hole in matchplay?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
It was absolutely hilarious to be involved in, too. It would be easy to let it beat us up but it had to be seen to be believed.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
On a very windy day at my last club, we were playing a match against another club, 4bbb...
The 4th hole was a 510 yard par 5 with OB all the way up the right.
The wind was straight across like ft to right.
Drives were being hit 45° left and still going OB.
My match halved in 10's, but 1 match was won with a 14.........sheer comedy.

jpxpro

Assistant Pro
Visit site
going down the last i was all square, partner put ball in bunker took 3 to get out, gave up and picked up, i tried to play out match but i put in a green side bunker 8 shots later i got out 3 putted for a winning 13 pmsl

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
An 8 on a par 3. Put my tee shot in the trees a bit left, he followed but further in. We essentially went back and forth over the green (which is raised quite a bit and steeply slopes rear left to front right) as each shot ended up with problem lies until on the 5th attempt we both made the green. A war of putt-rition then ensued. 3 putt for me and then he missed his 3rd putt from about 9".
We had to have a wee seat after that on the next tee while both contemplating just chucking the clubs in the river and giving it all up. Ended up losing 1 down to him after a very tight match from that point on (The par 3 incident was the 3rd).