High ball flight.

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
It has been mentioned to me a few times that I have quite a high ball flight in both drives and irons. My PW only goes about 100 yards but very high.

What is the best way to get it a bit lower.

I tee my driver up lower than most people I play with, if I raise the tee height will that help keep it lower and for my irons what's the best position for the ball to get a lower flight?

Ta

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
there are a huge number of possible causes but on the basis if PW 100 (same as me) it's unlikely to be due to your hitting through the ball with such club head speed that you are creating excessive spin!

which leaves either passive loft (open clubface) or active loft (early release resulting in increased loft at impact) combined with weight distribution elements.

with out knowing the cause it's not possible to look at the solution, or predict what raising or lowering the tee height would do for you.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
as dm said it could a few diff things, poss that your shafts are too soft. i used to hit it high, worked very hard getting a lower flight, stiffer shafts and a slightly flatter swing with more control has helped me.