Hi all another newbie here.

Martylaa

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi looking at taking up Golf, used to play when I was a kid 20 years ago, still played occasional pitch putt, looking at playing again. 2 questions, should I get some lessons first, also should I get some clubs now or wait till I have had some lessons, also should I go for a mew package set when I do buy or maybe second hand Taylormades or Callaways from eBay???

Gillespie16

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have just taken up golf, all i done is get some cheap golf clubs to pratise with until you think you have improved, then buy some new clubs. i have not had any lesson's, i have only been to the driving range and pitch and putt. and i am improving well.

Good luck anyway, with getting back in to golf.

A

Alex1975

Hi looking at taking up Golf, used to play when I was a kid 20 years ago, still played occasional pitch putt, looking at playing again. 2 questions, should I get some lessons first, also should I get some clubs now or wait till I have had some lessons, also should I go for a mew package set when I do buy or maybe second hand Taylormades or Callaways from eBay???

Lessons YES YES YES YES, if you want to enjoy the game you must imo start with lessons. Clubs, what sort of money do you want to spend? do you think this is going to be an ongoing hobby?

Al

DazYeo

Hacker
Visit site
Lessons. A good pro will give you a club to take away and practice with. Get a feel for the game first before outlaying loads. Saying that I bought a set from ebay for £20 but never used them. I had three lessons. I then braved a course, and that was after buying a set of Wilson Di7's.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Lessons to start. Most pros will give a good deal on a block booking of 5 or 6. Get out and practice what you've learned and try and get onto a course, even a par 3 course, and learn from your mistakes

Martylaa

Club Champion
Visit site
well i've booked 6 lessons with a pro at the local course
lets see what he thinks, gotta a feeling though that for a newbie to golf that i'd be hard pushed to notice the difference between clubs until i got down to say 20 handicap???
may just get a cheap set of the bay or one of those wilson package deals???
anyway thanks for the advice all much appreciated