Hewlett Packard Instant Ink?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
There's not a lot wrong with my current Epson Printer other than it's run out of ink and the cost of new cartridges is more expensive than buying a new Epson printer. Had this one a couple of years, so thought what the hell, I'll go for a new one. Whilst looking online, I see that I can get a new HP all in one printer even cheaper (£29) with 2 months free subscription to HP Instant Ink. Not heard about that before, so looked into it, basically a subscription plan that monitors your ink and sends you new cartridges automatically when needed. It's based on how many pages you print a month, there are penalties if you go over. Here's the thing, I don't print much at all, mostly scan docs, they have a free plan that allows you to print 10 pages a month (more than I ever do), and as long as I don't exceed that, there are no penalties (£1 for every 10 pages extra), and they will still deliver ink as needed when it runs out at no charge.

I'm curious to know if anyone has an HP printer at home, and whether anyone uses this ink plan? Is it any good? Any downside, aside from paying when you exceed the quota, which I'm not sure is even a penalty with the prices quoted. Even if I want to subscribe to the next level at a whopping £1.99 a month for 50 pages, it still seems a really good deal.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have one, had it a few months. When I bought it came with 12 months free ink too. Like you I rarely print that much I already have the next lot of cartridges without needing them. Seems fine and for what I paid cant complain (keep an eye out for the extended free period of ink)

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have it on the £3.49 per month 100 pages and can't fault it. New cartridges in advance of being needed. The cartridges for mine would be 3 x £22.99 and 1 x £19.99 so it's good value for me. I print a lot for work.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have 2 x HP printers at work and are on one of these schemes. Works really well and more importantly the printers have kept working perfectly 2-3 years after buying them. We had problems with epson printers not recognising ink, clogging up etc and so the trouble free nature of these had been worthwhile.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Most of my printing is in black n white, so I have a £60 brother mono laser, I’ve had it 2 years still on the starter cartridge that it came with.

I have a replacement one in its box that cost £30 but reckon that will last me 5 years 👍

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
^^^^^^ -ditto-

Print about 10,000 pages a year and 2 x high capacity Brother compatible cartridges do the job for under £20 a year. Fortunately never have the need for colour printing.