HEVER 2K

D

Deleted member 18121

Was that theory what you saw in practice? My experience of Hever, as a non-member admittedly, is that it's a busy course and one where on weekdays, there are often societies clogging it up. Seems like they make a fair bit of cash from visitors to me.

Honestly I didn't notice that it made a difference.... The members scene was always really well attended and even on friendly games the tee times were well stocked. I'm not entirely sure how it had it's reputation.... But people seemed to believe it was something special.

Crowborough Beacon would be my choice if I lived the right side of Tunbridge Wells. £1,560 is good value for that course in my opinion.

I was never a fan of beacon, but more to do with the members than the course itself.

If it were me looking in that area again I'd see how sweetwoods and the nevill were shaping up.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
We (Westerham) are playing Holtye at our place Saturday. Hopefully I'll make the team to go to their place too. Never played it.
Short, good fun. 9 holes with 2 sets of tees. Some of them similar and some change the holes dramatically. And has my favourite par 3 of any I've played in the south east.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm playing holtye in may for a charity day... Never played it before. What can I expect?
Hairball summed it up pretty well. Don't expect pristine condition/immaculate greens, but a decent challenge and a joy to be in the setting. At least, that's what it was like 20+ years ago!

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm playing holtye in may for a charity day... Never played it before. What can I expect?

As I mentioned above. It's short. 1 long par 4. No par 5s and 3 par 3s. Go round twice but there are separate tees for front/back 9.

The 4th is my a joyous par 3 that I would never get tired of. 150 yards ish first time but downhill a club or so, second time round a good 30 yards further back and uphill further. This is the 4th.

It's definitely "get able" for a decent player. In a streak of good form I once hit 38 round the "front" 9 playing off 24.

Decent driving range, reasonable putting green etc. And a super reception in the clubhouse. I have lessons with the pro there, Nick Duc, who i must say is brilliant.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Holtye is a lovely little course. A bit "quirky" in places but interesting. Played it several times (usually badly but nothing new there) as a friend of mine is a member. He moved there after being at Sweetwoods :unsure:. Have to agree about the 4th. Great hole with several clubs difference between playing it front and back 9.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
Holtye is a dangerous course , nearly had my head knocked off twice playing there, some tees are blind and if the group in front are on the second nine you can't see them teeing off and obviously they can't see you
Dangerous course in my opinion

shagster

Head Pro
Visit site
all course on clay get very wet now with the deluges of rain we get
does seem a bit expensive for hever
ESN is 1900 with 2 great course and free range
greens are superb at moment, best i have seen at this time of year